You want to burn fat, lose weight, and keep fit. But you only have 24 hours a day, with the most of it going to your tight schedule in the office, and – to be honest – less time for workout. Or, maybe you wish to hit the gym every day, yet that’s impossible because you have commitments that deny you the opportunity to do so.
But just so you know, you don’t have to hit the gym every morning, or run five miles a day, from Monday to Friday, to keep fit. You can kick start your fitness training with the best exercise bike, even without the help of a dedicated personal trainer.
At best, top-rated workout bikes are for two primary audiences: those who want to spend 30 minutes every morning in the fat-burning zone and those who want to completely recreate their workout plan to something new and meaningful.
The goal of this guide is to let you in on only the best fitness bikes that money can buy. We are not talking about products with 100+ reviews on e-Commerce stores like eBay, Target, or Best Buy. We are talking about equipment that delivers more realistic fitness training experience for the long haul.
- 1 Our Top 3 Picks Of The Best Exercise Bikes For Workout
- 2 The Top Exercise Bikes Reviews - We picked the best Stationery cycles for the money
- 3 Recumbent Exercise Bikes
- 4 Upright Exercise Bikes
- 5 Indoor Cycles
- 6 Dual Action Exercise Bikes
- 7 The Benefits of Exercise Cycles
- 8 A Buyer’s Guide
Our Top 3 Picks Of The Best Exercise Bikes For Workout
1) Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike is by far the most affordable exercise bike with a premium feel. It was build for fitness maniacs that love to engage in strength training. And it has a fitness monitor that displays all your workout stats. With a step-by-step guide for mounting the rack, it shouldn’t take you more than an hour to assemble this together.
2) Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent was designed for fitness enthusiasts that want fitness bikes that offer full back support. And it is a good choice for teens, young men and women, as well as seniors. What we love about this bike is the smooth, quiet ride, even on high speed cycling.
3) Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Folding Recumbent Bike Exercise Bike magnetic resistance system might not be the most attractive feature, but it runs fast and accurately. Moreover, the resistance system itself is adjustable, so you can customize it to your fitness needs.
The Top Exercise Bikes Reviews - We picked the best Stationery cycles for the money
We have split these reviews into four sections. Each section covers particular type of exercise bike
Recumbent Exercise Bikes
1) Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN - Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is created easier for the knees and back.
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS - This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level!
- EASY-TO-READ COMPUTER SCREEN - The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as a odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SEAT - The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable high-density foam. It features contoured foam-covered handles for extra support of the back and arms to help maintain proper form when exercising.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS - Weighted pedals designed to provide maximal foot support while offering ultimate control. This bike is equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your feet.
I believe it isn’t the first time you’ve heard about Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike. Known as the most affordable bike on the market right now, going for not more than five cups of coffee, it’s the grab-and-go workout bicycle for fitness maniacs on a tight budget.
It is not just built to work your body easily; it is also built to last, giving you the value for your money for the long haul. The handles, fore, and aft are easily adjustable. In addition, it comes with a unique fitness monitor that lets you have a clear view of your workout statistics.
Workout Equipment with Smart Design
Throughout the brand’s history, Marcy has put more attention to designing a workout bike that features a smart design, better than the competition in the market. The Recumbent ME-709 is easy to mount and dismount, thanks to the step-through design. To combat potential injuries, something which is quite common with other bikes, Marcy made this model easy to walk through and sit on.
The smart design isn’t just seen on the sitting parts and the mounting. Even the materials used to design this machine clearly show that it is a product designed to last. The parts of the bike, including the 14-gauge steel tubing, are heavy-duty and should last you for the long haul.
An LCD Activity Monitor
Working out is great, because it has many health benefits. And when you can see the stats of your workout during the process, it gets even better. Marcy ME-709 has LCD computer screen, a smart activity monitor that you can use to see your workout stats right on the go.
With the help of this monitor, you can see cycling speed, time, as well as distance cycled. More importantly, this monitor also lets you in on the estimate of the number of calories that you’ve burned during workout.
2) Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
- Foldable recumbent exercise bike with quiet V-belt double-drive transmission system
- Precision-balanced flywheel; 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system
- Easy-to-read LCD display tracks your distance, calories, time, speed, and heart rate
- Semi-recumbent design for easy entry and exit; large seat cushion and backrest
- Supports up to 300 pounds; Product setup dimensions: 33"L x 19"W x 46"H
If you’ve searched for Elliptical Machines and Electric Treadmills on the Internet before, it’s highly likely you’ve come across Exerpeutic. It is a brand well known for designing high quality fitness equipment for cheap, one of which is the Exerpeutic 400Xl Folding Recumbent Bike.
This bike was built for people who are looking for more than just a cheap workout gadget. Not only does it offer full back support, it is also safe for teenagers, young men and women, as well as seniors. You will love this bike because it offers a smooth, silent ride. Moreover, it is easy to use. And you can adjust it easily and fast for full body comfort.
Accommodates Reasonable Capacity
Maybe you are worried that this might break down after a few days of use because you feel you are a little heavier. Or, maybe you are not sure whether the capacity is reasonable. Exerpeutric 400XL Folding Recumbent may not be the best folding exercise bike for people that weigh above 300 pounds. But for those who weigh 300 pounds and under, there’s no doubt that this is a perfect pick.
Suitable for Various Body Types
Given that this workout bike can handle weight of up to 300 pounds, how does it handle different body sizes? Well, here is the good news: Exerpeutic 400Xl has comfortable and large seat cushion and back rest. Because of the large size, Exerpeutic 400Xl can accommodate different body sizes with ease.
A Fitness Monitor
Like Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike, Exerpeutic also has a LCD monitor that you can use to see your workout stats by quantifying significant data points. By seeing your workout stats, you get the motivation to work out even more so that you can reach your fitness goals in the shortest amount of time possible.
3) Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RB1117
- FOLDING CAPABILITIES: Easily fold your recumbent bike to create more space in your room. This compact machine folds and can be rolled away easily!
- LARGE SEAT AND BACKREST: The comfortable seat will support your bottom while the backrest provides additional support during longer and challenging exercise session.
- PERFORMANCE MONITOR: Watch your calories burn on the easy to read performance monitor. The digital monitor displays time, distance, calories burned and scan.
- STYLISH PINK COLOR: The cute pink coating stylishly covers the bike. This is great for anyone who wants to get healthy on a great looking machine.
- SAFETY AND CONVENIENCE: The safety handle bars and adjustable pedals are added for safety. The feet stabilizers maintain balance while you ride. Adjustable seat moves in height to better fit your body.
The magnetic resistance system might not be its most attractive feature, but it’s worth mentioning because it runs fast and accurately. Given that the resistance system is adjustable, you can customize it to your fitness needs. To give you even more options, Sunny & Health included 8 built-in workout systems that can help you challenge yourself throughout your workout sessions.
LCD Activity Display
A workout display is as necessary as it can get; Sunny & Health Folding SF-RB1117 has one. Sunny & Health’s LCD activity display is important, for two reasons. First, it lets you in on important workout statistics.
At its best, the LCD display is an alert system for awareness. The display lets you in on speed, hand pulse, calories, distance, and time. Second, the display motivates you to work even harder to reach your fitness goals. When you can see your stats displayed on a screen, you can quantify your progress and even set new fitness goals with ease.
Forget the Bottle Holder
People that train for hours often reach the peak point of dehydration. And as such, it is important to have enough fluid within reach. In the case of the best workout bike for the money, you want the equipment to have a water bottle holder.
But this is one of the features that’s lacking on Sunny & Health Recumbent Folding Bike. If you are the kind of person that loves to drink a lot of water during workout, and you love to have your water bottle within reach, this might not be an ideal for you.
Shortest Warranty, Ever
It has only 90 days warranty, probably the shortest that you will ever see for equipment that should have more than 365 days of product warranty.
Upright Exercise Bikes
1) Marcy ME-708
- PREMIUM STEEL CONSTRUCTION - This stationary upright bike features a premium frame of 14-gauge steel tubing, finished with powder coating that combines design and performance. It boasts both functionality and durability.
- SMOOTH MAGNETIC RESISTANCE SYSTEM -Designed for fitness enthusiasts of all skill-levels and comes with a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of difficulty. Tension knob simulates different terrains to customize routines according to fitness level.
- ULTRA-FUNCTIONAL CONSOLE - The ME-708 Upright Exercise Bike has a state-of-the-art LCD screen that acts as an odometer and displays time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT - The seat can be adjusted to accommodate users of different body sizes, improving form during exercise and allowing your body to conform precisely to the equipment, giving your workouts the maximum effect on your targeted areas.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS - Pedals are designed to provide maximal foot support while giving you ultimate control. The ergonomic designs facilitate efficient workouts and are equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your own feet.
Marcy doesn’t just get it right with the bikes. The brand also has a high quality upright workout bicycle that you can buy for home use. This one is not expensive. Given that it is pocket friendly, sturdy, and designed to last for long, you can be sure it will give you the best value for your money for the long haul.
Easy to Assemble
There is no technical knowhow needed here. That’s because assembling this equipment is easy, and straightforward. It takes only around 30 minutes to put together. If you want to assemble it even faster, you can ask a friend to help you do the job.
The brand has paid a close attention to user comfort as far as ME - 708 goes. The seat is very big and padded. And that’s a good thing because you can sit on it for many hours without your back or butt getting too painful.
The seat itself is replaceable, but it is not a straightforward job. That’s because it attached with 3 screws, so replacing it will take some time. If you must replace the seat, it would be best if you take it to a bike shop; they can fit a new seat for you in the shortest time possible.
The Display Console
The display console is one of the most important features of ME - 708. It helps you quantify workout stats, including odometer, distance, time, calories, and speed. As much as it is a good feature on the bike, it is not as robust as you would expect, the biggest problem being its inability to work with a workout app.
And because it isn’t compatible with any app, you cannot keep a record of your fitness activities for future analysis, unless you do so manually.
2) Exerpeutic GOLD 500 XLS Foldable Upright Bike
- Heavy Duty and High Durability steel frame construction with up to 400 lbs weight capacity. 20% more steel than the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike for more maximum performance.
- An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system for an easier or more challenging workout.
- Folds to 1/2 the size, so it is uniquely compact; Folded Dimensions: 26.4" L X 24.8" W X 57.5" H
- Large comfortable seat cushion for people of any size, and easily adjustable to fit 5'1" to 6'5" user heights
- An easy to read large computer LCD display that indicates calories burned, distance, time, speed, scan, pulse and odometer. Please refer user manual attached below for instructions and troubleshooting steps.
Exerpeutic GOLD 500 XLS Foldable Upright Bike is one of the cheapest options on the market. Going for under $200, makes it a good option for people who are under budget. And don’t mistake it for a low quality product because of the pricing; because it has premium features that make it a define steal.
An LCD Display
When it comes to fitness activities, it’s always great to see your stats and quantify them whenever necessary. The data even helps you to personalize your fitness goals, helping you to stay focused on becoming fit, at least within the shortest time possible.
The LCD displays is definitely a special necessity. It has the following health benefits:
First, it lets you know how much calories you’ve burned after workout. When it comes to counting calories, it is important to understand that no counter is 100% accurate. In other words, you have to take the results you get only as approximation.
And do these numbers help? Yes, they do. At the end of the day, knowing how much calories you burn can help you create a good meal plan that involves eating less calories than the body burns.
Second, the LCD display shows distance covered during biking, the time spent biking, pedometer, and time.
As a side note, Exerpeutic GOLD 500 XLS comes with a user manual for setting up and troubleshooting the LCD display.
Exerpeutic pays more attention to comfort, as that’s the most important feature. The seat of the bike is large and properly cushioned, making it comfortable for people of different sizes. Also, you can adjust the seat according to your height, until you reach a comfortable riding position.
3) Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
- [HEAVY DUTY Design]: Supports up to 300 lbs. weight capacity which is 75 lbs. more capacity than most other folding bikes. Very easy to get off and on the bike, providing a more effective and comfortable workout
- [Large LCD Display]: An easy to read large window (3.3"W x 1.5"H) LCD display that indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, pulse and scan. Hand pulse sensors for monitoring your target heart rate
- [SEATING COMFORT]: Large seat cushion for people of any size. Easily adjustable to fit 5'3" to 6'1" user heights. 3 piece "high torque" cranking system provides a smooth and consistent pedaling motion. Intended to be used on the hard flat floor
- [SPACE SAVING Design]: The bike can be easily folded to half of the assembled size, so it's uniquely compact. Can be moved with the included transportation wheels. Folded Dimensions: 22" L x 20" W x 55.5" H
- [8 LEVEL TENSION]: An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout. Refer to the manual for troubleshooting steps of tension system. Quiet operation
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse has received positive receptions from hundreds of people ever since its launch. Thanks to the quality of the model, and a price tag lower than most bikes on the market, the Exerpeutic Folding Bike is for anyone looking for a high quality fitness machine at a throw away price.
A Reasonable Weight Capacity
One of the things we love about this upright exercise bike is its carrying capacity. With a weight capacity of 300 lbs, this Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse should be good enough for people below this weight range. And you don’t even have to lay this bike in a tiled room, because it was designed to work perfect on a hard floor.
Adjustable Seating Comfort
Having a carrying capacity of 300 lbs is just one of the features that make this bike stand out. The seating adds to the comfort of the machine as a whole, because the seat cushioning is big enough to fit people of different sizes. The seating height is easy to adjust, and it can fit anywhere between 5.3 inches and 6.1 inch.
Most people ask whether it creates noise when in use. Well, it doesn’t have to. It is important to tighten the screws very well. If the bolts aren’t tightened, the bike will definitely make noise during pedaling.
The magnetic tension control system is a unique feature that most fitness bikes out there don’t have. The Europeutic Folding Bike with Pulse is different because it has 8 magnetic resistance level control system that’s easy to control. The whole system is adjustable for difficult, moderate, or easier workouts.
In case of technicalities with the tension resistance, you can always refer to the manual for troubleshooting.
1) Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
- Sturdy Flywheel- The 40 lb. chrome flywheel is designed to maintain momentum smoothly as you cycle on the cardio machine. Heavy flywheels support speed, stability, and consistency across your workout.
- Dual Resistance: Increase resistance or come to a complete stop with the dual felt pad resistance system. Use the micro-adjustment knob to increase and decrease resistance applied to the flywheel.
- Adjustable Handlebars: Take advantage of the ergonomic handlebars designed to accommodate multiple riding styles. The multi-grip handle bars easily adjust up and down, based on your height.
- Fitting & Adjustments: Tailor your riding experience to your individual height. Use the four-way adjustable seat that can be fitted to your individual leg length.
- Stabilizers: Prevent wobbling and jerks while riding when you adjust the base levelers that will keep the bike stable on uneven surfaces.
Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike is a compact fitness gadget that can fit in a very small space. Measuring only 121.9 cm long by 50.8 cm wide, this bike is so small that it can fit perfectly in one corner of your living room.
It has a height of 118.1 cm, so it should be easy to climb, even if you are a short person. The Pro Indoor Cycling bike won’t break your bank account, because it is an affordable fitness equipment. And more importantly, it is a more practical fitness bike for beginners as well as intermediate users.
It has a flywheel weighing 40 lbs, a weight that’s not so common with many bikes. And although the flywheel makes the bike heavier than it should be, the extra weight is necessary for the best and a more realistic riding experience.
Not Fully Assembled
The system doesn’t come fully assembled. But putting it together should not take long because it is straightforward. The manufacturer provides the basic tools needed to assemble it, at no extra cost. Even if you are a beginner, it should take about 20 minutes to assemble this one.
Sunny & Health Pro Indoor Cycling Bike also has adjustable resistance levels. This feature is important because you will want to adjust from one level to another from time to time during your workout hour. For more resistance, turn the tension and resistance knob to the left. If you want less resistance, just turn the knob to the right.
As good as it is, it is too heavy to move around. The whole system weighs 111 lbs, and while you can move it from one to another, it is not going to be easy to do so. It is best to put it up in a working space where you won’t have to move it around, not even for once.
2) Keiser M3
- Incredibly durable, No Wearing Parts, Nearly Maintenance Free
- Whisper Quiet Operation
- Smooth Magnetic Resistance System
- Modern Complementary Design, Built in the U.S.A.
- Computer with Power Output Tracking included for FREE
If you love to drink water in between workout sessions, and you are into indoor exercise bikes, you will love the Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle Stationary Trainer. That’s because it has a water bottle holder on which you can put one or two water bottles to drink every time you pause working out.
Unlike models that have only 90 days of warranty, this indoor exercise bike has up to 3-year warranty, which means you can get support when you need it for as long as the warranty hasn’t expired. The biggest problem with this product is that it’s not for people on a budget, and we think it is quite expensive.
A Computer Tracker
Keiser M3 Indoor Bike features a small computer that helps with activity tracking. This computer works like some fitness and activity trackers, helping to track very specific and ideal workout metrics to help you quantify your fitness goals. At its best, the computer tracker does three important things.
First, it gives you an estimate of the calories you burn during a workout session. This data is important because it helps you to have a clear idea how much calories you burn during workout within a given time. With this information, you can create a healthy meal plan that enables you to eat the right amount of calories on a daily basis.
Second, it tracks the distance cycled for a given time in workout. Lastly, it also lets you in on your heart rate, helping you to keep check so that you pulse stays within the exercise zone.
What we love about Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle is the adjustable resistance system. You can try different resistance levels for more challenging or less involving workout, depending on your workout plan.
3) Sunny SF-B1001 Indoor Cycling Bike
- Fully adjustable seat, handlebars and resistance
- Smooth, quiet chain drive mechanism
- Heavy-duty crank and steel frame
- 30-pound flywheel; 220lbs maximum user weight
- Transportation wheels for easy portability
To save you time, Sunny assembles the central frame as well as the flywheel on your behalf. What you’ll have to assemble on your own are the base stabilizers, handlebars, seat, and the pedals. To make the rest of the assembly easier, Sunny includes clear, easy-to-follow set of instructions to help you assemble the bike in less than 30 minutes.
For Indoor and Outdoor Use
Sunny SF-B1001 Cycling Bike isn’t necessarily for indoors activities alone. You can choose to set the system up in your patio if you do not have enough space indoors. However, it is recommended that you use indoors during the colder months of the year.
Easy Resistance Control
Sunny SF-B1001 Indoor Cycling Bike has a number of resistance controls that are necessary for your physical fitness. You can take advantage of these controls and create a number of workouts that you can use to challenge all levels of physical fitness.
Easy to Move Around
If you are the kind of fitness enthusiast that loves to train in different sections of your room, you will find Sunny SF-B1001 more convenient than most of the bikes in our reviews. That’s because it is easy to move around the house; it should take less than 5 minutes to move it from one station to another workout space.
Hiring a dedicated personal trainer may not break the bank, but it is definitely going to cost you every month. A monthly gym subscription doesn’t sound cheap, either. Sunny SF-B1001 Indoor Cycling Bike takes away the need of a personal trainer, and it is a better option because it is cheaper than a gym’s monthly subscription.
Sunny SF-B1001 does not have a computer console. You won’t be able to calculate speed, get estimates on distance covered, know your heart rate, or figure out the total calories burned during workout.
Dual Action Exercise Bikes
1) Body Rider Exercise Upright Fan Bike
- DUAL-ACTION EXTENDED HANDLEBARS for upper and lower body engagement
- EASY TO ADJUST RESISTANCE LEVELS and workout intensity with the turn of a knob
- HIGH MOMENTUM FAN WHEEL SYSTEM offers a fluid workout
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT and UPDATED cushion for better comfort. Care and cleaning: Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- STURDY STEEL "H" FRAME DESIGN engineered for stability and peace of mind
Body Rider is a dual action stationary bike featuring a black and silver finish, a 250-pound weight capacity, and a reasonable warranty. It measures 41.75 by 22 by 46.5 inches after assembly, meaning it doesn’t take up a lot of space, making it a suitable option for people that have small workout rooms.
Because it has a weight capacity of 250 pounds, this dual stationary exercise can accommodate the weight of just about anyone. And with a one year warrant for the frame and 90 days warranty on all parts, this should be good enough to give you the best value for your money.
Sitting on an uncomfortable exercise bike’s seat is downright a pain in the ass. And to be honest Body Rider Exercise Upright Fan Bike didn’t have the most comfortable seat until after a major improvement that came about as a result of customers’ complaints.
The new seat has a better, soft, and more comfortable cushion, making Body Rider more comfortable and worth the investment. You can sit on it for hours and – not even for once – your bottom won’t get uncomfortable.
A Reliable Digital Display
Unlike Schwinn AD6 Airdyne, Body Rider Exercise Upright Fan Bike has a digital display that helps a rider to read their own fitness stats. The purpose of the display is to enable you to track time, calories burned, total distance cycled, as well as the speed cycled. The data you see on the digital display can help you to quantify and personalize your fitness goals on the go.
A good Warranty
Body Rider gives you a one-year warranty on the frame of the Body Rider. In addition, you also get 3 months warranty on all the parts of the bike.
- Dimensions: 49.7L x 25.7W x 50.9H in.
- Resistance-based braking creates zero friction
- Durable metal frame
- Smooth, reliable ride
- Ideal for rehabilitative use
If you are looking for an exercise bike with a maximum user weight of 300 lbs, try the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne . This fitness bike shows up to 6 workout metrics in real time. And it has four levers that ensure it stays in position throughout workout. Also, the bike has an integrated water bottle holder, making it a better option for people that love to bring water with them to their training stations.
Infinite Wind Resistance
Schwinn AD6 Airdyne is the only one on our list that features infinite wind resistance. And you can get this easily and quickly by simply pedaling the bike as harder and faster as you can. Unlike many workout bikes out there, this one doesn’t create any noise, no matter how hard and fast you peddle.
As you pedal harder, the speed of the bike increases. Instead of getting breezier at top speed, this bike tends to get louder. The noise at top speeds isn’t annoying, though; because you can still focus on activity likes listening to music or watching TV.
Full Body Workout
Every brand has done its best to create the most desirable bicycles imaginable. Many of these bikes have one thing in common: they engage only the lower part of your body.
Schwinn AD6 Airdyn is different from many of the products that we have reviewed in our list. It was designed for people who are into full body workout. It works by engaging your upper and lower section of your body into full workout. So, it is very effective and will help you lose weight over time.
Necessary Features Included
Chances are you’ll want to move Schwinn AD6 Airdyne from one corner of your room to another, especially during cleaning. That’s why it has transport wheels to make the transportation easier.
People that take part in intense workout always need sufficient water within reach. So the integrated water bottle holder is an important.
The Benefits of Exercise Cycles
There are different types of exercise bikes, each with unique features as well as their own limitations. Something else worth mentioning about the different types of bikes is they do not do the same thing. In other words, they work differently.
Regardless of the differences in design as well as the function of each bike, the overall goal of all the best exercise bikes combined is to help you your fitness goals.
People often work the lower part of their body, making upright stationary bikes a lot more popular. But since the advancement of fitness bikes, you can now interact with more advanced fitness programs. The coming of interactive bikes made fitness training even more interesting. That’s because they have more advanced fitness programs as well as display units that lets you read and quantify your fitness metrics on the go.
A Buyer’s Guide
Type of exercise bikes
1) Upright Stationary
The look and feel of an upright stationery bike is similar to that of a real bike. And it is best suited for people that enjoy outdoor cycling. Like normal bicycles, they offer similar cardiovascular and lower body workout throughout a training session.
Although the upper part of the body also gets worked out, the exercise isn’t often as intense as with the lower body part. That doesn’t mean it is impossible to work your entire body if you want. In fact, leaning tightly gripping the handlebars and leaning forward while riding an upright workout bicycle will moderately workout the mid upper part of your body.
2) Recumbent stationary
The look and feel of upright stationary workout bikes is a little more ancient. So, they only make a perfect taste for people that love traditional-like bikes. People that need additional back support should go for recumbent exercise bikes. These bikes feature larger seats as well as backrest, and the pedals are positioned right in front of the seat.
Since recumbent bikes have big seats and large backrests, they provide better back support and give more room for more efficient blood flow than upright cycles.
Additional features common among them include LCD displays, multiple adjustable resistance, and water stations to mention just a few.
3) Dual Action Stationery
If all you need from an exercise bike is thorough lower body workout, an upright or recumbent workout bicycle is more than enough. But if you want full body workout, dual action exercise bike is exactly what you need. This type not only works the lower part of your body, but also makes exercising the upper part of your body easier.
Unlike traditional bikes, dual action stationery bicycles have more advanced features, including easily adjustable resistance (for pedals and handlebars) for moderate to intense workout, built-in fans, water stations, and an LCD display for showing workout statistics.
4) Indoor Cycles
Indoor cycles were once popular in gym and fitness classes at health clubs. Today, they aren’t just used in the gyms and fitness classes; they also make a good choice for home use. An indoor cycle isn’t anything special, though.
First, it is a lot more similar to an upright stationary, which means it looks and feels similar to a real bike, and it is not a perfect option for full body workout. Second, the design of an indoor cycle bike is pretty basic.
Even if we assume that they’ve improved over time, there isn’t so much to day about the look and feel of an indoor cycle. Not only do they lack consoles, they also do not have advanced features like many modern bikes.
Interactive exercise bikes are the most advanced forms of exercise bicycles we have today. They are available in two forms: recumbent and upright models. A usual feature among them is the integration of advanced technology. The most common features include music players, built-in televisions, fitness programs, and computers.
They can make or break your workout program. Features like music players and built-in televisions don’t make this type of bikes suitable for people that easily get distracted. But if you are someone who’s really into fitness training, you should pay more attention to the built-in interactive fitness programs.
You will love the interactive fitness programs because they can help you to personalize your fitness goals, enhance your work, lose weight along the way, and be the fit person you want to be.
Features of the bikes
The features can be the different between getting the best value for your money and wasting your hard-earned money. Fitness bikes have varying features, and each is significant in one way or the other. Common features of modern bikes include adjustable resistance, big seats, pedals, backrests, and computer console.
Some of them also have fitness programs that can help you to take full advantage if your fitness regime. Others have water stations, and luxurious accessories like music players and built-in televisions.
It is important to choose to use an exercise that has the features that you would want when working out.
Budget & Space
Exercise bikes aren’t design equal. So there isn’t a one-size-fits-all fitness bike. From traditional upright models to modern brands, there is a fitness bike that’s 100% different from the other. Not to forget that they come at different prices and in different sizes.
Consider how much you are willing and able to pay before making a decision on the best workout bike to buy. Once you decide how much to spend, evaluate your workout space to decide if you have enough room to put up the bike. Once you have these two things figured out, it should be easy to choose
The warranty of is as important as the bike itself. That’s why it is an important factor to consider before spending your hard-earned money. The goal of the warranty is to enable you to get maximum support on your purchase for a given period, and probably a replacement of the product, depending on the manufacturer’s terms of warranty.
Consider a bike that has a long time warranty. It doesn’t make sense to buy an expensive training equipment only to get a 3-month warranty. Brands like Sunny & Health and Exerpeutic offer different warranty periods. It is always best to buy an fitness bike with good warranty duration.
We’ve gone through quite a number of the best exercise bikes for the money. And while there are many more options out there, we’ve reviewed what we believe can give you the best value for your money. This list highlights different types of workout cycles, letting you choose the type that’s more convenient for you, particularly depending on your preference as well as your own budget.