I still remember the first time I bought the best mountain bike to ride whenever I wanted to go somewhere. It was a green bike from a popular brand. And it had all the bells and whistles that I wanted in a bike, including top-rated brakes, speed gears, and fat tires. Three months after my purchase, cycling became my favorite ride and the only alternative I had to taking a cab or driving a convertible.
I gave this bike away to a close friend of mine a year later. But since I couldn’t really live without one, I didn’t mind throwing a couple of dollars to BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike. I swear this bike wasn’t easy to find. In fact, BEIOU is just one brand. There are more than a dozen others, which makes finding a good bike for mountaineering adventure quite a challenge.
So in this guide, I will walk you through the top ten tested and proven mountain bicycles that pack the punch ready to give you the best value for your money.
- 1 Top 3 Picks of the Best MTB in summary
- 2 Top Mountain Bikes Reviews
- 2.1 1. Diamondback Bicycles Release 5C Carbon Full Suspension Mountain Bike
- 2.2 2. BEIOU Hardtail MTB Mountain Bike
- 2.3 3. BEIOU Hardtail 27.5 Bicycle
- 2.4 4. Aluminum Fat Bikes with Powerful Disc Brakes
- 2.5 5. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive
- 2.6 6. Cyrusher FR100 Folding Mountain Bike
- 2.7 7. BEIOU Toray T700 Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike
- 2.8 8. Diamondback Hardtail Bicycle with 27.5" Wheels
- 2.9 9. Raleigh Bikes Women's Eva 1 Recreational Mountain Bike
- 2.10 10. 2018 Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike
Top 3 Picks of the Best MTB in summary
1) Diamondback Bicycles Release 5C may be the most expensive option on this list, but it is feature packed enough to justify the price tag. In fact, Diamondback creates a good balance between design and art, bringing out something that looks good and built to last for the long haul. You are spoiled for choice when it comes to size. That’s because Release 5C is available in small, medium, and large sizes. With a weight of only 29.9 lbs, Release 5C is one of the most lightweight bikes on the market. Additional features include a 780mm handlebar, a 40mm step, and a threaded bottom bracket.
2) BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike is also one of the most lightweight bikes on the market, weighing only about 20 lbs. That’s about 9lbs less than the Release 5C bikes by Diamondback. Like its high-end brother, this bike does seem to cost the earth. But then again, its bells and whistles perfectly justify the price factor. BEIOU Carbon Fiber takes the cake for being the fastest compared to conventional bikes. Thanks to the Shimano ALIVIO speed technology, you can personalize the speed of this bike in any way you like, depending on both the terrain as well as how fast you would like to ride.
3) Carbon Fiber 27.5 is another top rated mountain bike from the BEIOU bike series. Although it is not as popular among riders as the likes of Release 5C, it’s no secret that the bike is durable and comfortable. When it comes to speed, this 650B model is the kind you can ride at the speed of your choice, depending on the terrain. This bike was designed to run well against rocky terrains, rough roads, and even mud. Cleaning and maintaining the bike isn’t hard, and it is usually one of the key aspects to ensuring the bike looks good and lasts for long.
Top Mountain Bikes Reviews
1. Diamondback Bicycles Release 5C Carbon Full Suspension Mountain Bike
- Level Link design equals 130mm of efficient yet supple rear suspension
- Light and stiff carbon frame with Boost 148x12mm Maxle dropout
- Fox 36 float suspension fork and Fox performance elite float Dpx2 shock provide 150/130mm of top-tier suspension
- Powerful and easy to adjust SRAM Guide guards hydraulic disc brakes (180mm rotors)
- SRAM eagle X01 12-speed drivetrain is durable and makes easy work of the steepest climbs with its ultra-wide gearing
The best bikes for mountaineering don’t often happen overnight. The Diamondback 5C Full Suspension didn’t either. In fact, it’s a result of well thought engineering and art that took months to execute, with the primary goal being to bring a new level of cycling in the sports arena. Although it’s quite on the highest end, it’s engineered well enough to shrug off bumps, offer the most comfortable right, and give you the best most of your adventure.
For the most part, Release 5C is available in 3 sizes: small, medium, and large. What you get for the price is a sturdy bike with a 780mm handle bar, a 40mm stem, a threaded bottom bracket with ISCS05 mount, and a race face cockpit. Diamondback Release 5C mountain bike weighs about 30 pounds. It might not be as lightweight as the likes of Raleigh mountain bike for women, but we’d still consider it lightweight at least.
Diamondback Release 5C isn’t the cheapest bike. Although it is definitely on the high end, verified purchases and reviews on ecommerce giants like Amazon shows that this one is a deal breaker. You are not just getting a bike for the price. The package comes with additional accessories necessary for the best biking experience. These include a shock pump, torque wrench, and more extras that you don’t get with many bikes out there.
What we loved about this bike is that it has a stiff front to back and a good rear suspension. The overall construction is commendable. On the other hand, Release 5C is somewhat expensive, has a shorter wheelbase, and quite heavy.
2. BEIOU Hardtail MTB Mountain Bike
- BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike; SHIMANO M610 DEORE System
- 3*10 Speed, Hidden Disc Brake, Fork Suspension, Hardtail MTB
- Toray T800 Carbon Fiber for Frame, Handle Bar and Seat Post; Ultralight 10.8 kg
- Rim Material: Aluminum Alloy
- High Cost-performance, Designed for Cycling Enthusiasts and Professional Athletes
BEIOU is the brand that knows how to do its stuff. And the Carbon Fiber 650B, a 27.5-inch mountain bike, is on the market to show for it. While it’s obvious that this costs the earth, the bells and whistles that make it sound out are what make the loudest noise. That brand gives you an assurance that the 650B is a model that you can trust, and they sure have put their money where their mouth is – no doubt.
The Hardtail Carbon Fiber mountain bike would be as useless as you can imagine if it didn’t have a powerful braking system. In fact, a bad breaking system isn’t safe for the simple reason that it could lead to accidents, especially when riding down a hill.
BEIOU has a done a great job with the braking system. I feel like this is an area they have invested creativity and enough time to guarantee the safety of a rider. The 3” 10 speed disc brake is properly engineered to work in all environments. It won’t matter if you are riding down a smooth hill or a rocky mountain, as you can ride the BEIOU Carbon Fiber bike with confidence that you are safe.
Every biker loves speed. In fact, we want to ride up a mountain at a top speed and getting up there can’t be easy without a gear system. Thanks to the Shimano ALIVIO 27 gear speed technology, you can ride the BEIOU Carbon Fiber bike at the speed of your choice. Of course, you want to be able to optimize your speed depending on how steep the trail is. Thankfully, the ALIVIO (9s) technology lets you do that easily.
- BEIOU Carbon Fiber 650B Mountain Bike; SHIMANO M6000 DEORE System, Usually arrives in 4--8 business days to Continental US address
- 3*10 Speed, Hidden Disc Brake, Fork Suspension, Hardtail MTB
- Toray T800 Carbon Fiber for Frame, Handle Bar and Seat Post; Ultralight 10.7 kg
- Finish: 3K Matte Black White Red;27.5" RT aluminum alloy wheel set Carbon Fiber Hubs
- High Cost-performance, Designed for Cycling Enthusiasts and Professional Entry-level Riders
Carbon Fiber 650B Mountain Bike may not be as popular as Diamondback bikes, but it’s praised for its durability, comfort, and speed. The 650B is the kind of model that anyone can ride. Whether you are a novice just starting out, an occasional rider who doesn’t fancy biking, or a professional with a passion for biking sports, this is the bike for you. Designed to run well against rough roads and even rocky terrains, this bike is exactly what you need if you intend to ride on all kinds of environments.
BEIOU Carbon Fiber features the white, red, black finish that looks and feels more custom and personalized. In fact, you can match the color of the bike with your custom riding jersey if you want to. The seat post and the handle bar are lightweight, yet sturdy enough to take you through different terrains, including the rocky paths of the mountain and the steep regions.
To get the most out of BEIOU 30 Speed 27.5 Mountain bike, you need to make sure you take good care of it. Make sure you assemble the parts properly, always keep the bike clean, and remember to ride carefully whenever you are out there.
Other important features to look at are the frames and the speed system. The carbon-fiber frames of the bike look quite outstanding, something that really makes the bike to stand out. In fact, carbon fiber is good metal because – unlike other kinds of metals – it doesn’t show the signs of damaging. This gives you an assurance of a long-lasting bike.
When it comes to speed, BEIOU 30 Speed 27.5 Mountain bike has a speed system that makes riding fun. The bike features a 27-speed system, which utilizes a Shimano ALIVIO gearing technology. With this technology, you can optimize your speeds accordingly so your ride can be fun all the way.
- Fantastic Quality Strong Aluminum Fat Bike
- Powerful Tektro Disc brakes front and rear!
- Superior 16 Speed Sram Drivetrain Components
- High Traction Super Wide 26 x 4.0 Tires, Ride Nearly Anywhere!
- Best Reviews on a fat bike under $600
If you are looking for a bike that can hold most weight pretty well, then you will love this one. According to most people, and especially verified reviews on Amazon, this bike can accommodate people of different weights, with the maximum limit being around 300 lbs. Keep in mind, though, that the manufacturer doesn’t mention the actual weight capacity of this bike. However, because people weighing 300 lbs and under use it quite well, it’s safe to say that the limit is 300 lbs to be fair.
A fat bike isn’t something you would fall in love with unless you try. This one is a top pick among some riders because they love the big frames as well as big tires. And if think about it, this is one of the most impressive mountain bikes out there. It is sturdy enough to support people of different ages. Whether you fancy biking in your twenties or you are a forty-something biker, you sure want to try the Aluminum Fat Bike out.
While many bikes would cost you’re a fortune to own, the Aluminum Fat Bike isn’t the kind that would cost you an arm and a leg. As far as the pricing of bikes go, it is somewhat on the lower end compared to the likes of Diamondback 5C models. So, if you have never owned the best mountain bike because of cost, this one might save the day.
You will love this bike because it is lightweight and works well on any environment. You can even use it on the beach. Also, it is cost effective.
5. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive
- Hand built 6061-T6 aluminum alloy hardtail frame is Classic mountain biking
- Custom formed and butted tubing combines lightweight and stiffness
- 27.5 inch wheels roll well over obstacles and offer quick handling
- SR Sun tour XCT coil spring fork delivers 80mm of suspension travel
Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive is for anyone who can sit on the saddle, balance on the two-wheel, and cycle the pedals. Whether you are a woman to whom biking is part of a fitness regime or you are a diehard of the sport, you can rock and roll on highway, rocky terrains, or dusty roads with this bike. We particularly love this bike for their 29” wheels, because they roll quite well over obstacles besides offering proper handling.
Diamondback Bicycle Overdrive is all about enjoying the ride, thanks to the sturdy and durable design of the parts of the bike. Made of pure 6061-T6 aluminum allow, a trusted material praised to last for a very long time, you can be certain that what you are getting for the price is a high quality bike that you can use for mountaineering for a very long time. Thanks to the sturdy and flexible head tube, you can steer the bike with precision, even in the most unfriendly terrains out there. And with the rear derailleur present, you never have to worry about your bike breaking down at any point in time.
This isn’t going to break the bank as many high-end bikes do. And given that it is designed to last for the long haul, you end up making a one-time investment in a very long time. Given the pocket-friendly price, you should be able to get this one easily, even if you are on a very strict budget.
The biggest problem with this bike is that it requires some technical knowledge to put the parts together. Also, it feels quite heavy once assembled – but after all, you do not expect an aluminum frame to be lightweight.
- Premium Quality : With lightweight and strong aluminum alloy 17 inch Frame,26 inch wheel and the high quality Suspension Fork packed with comfort shock absorption, which can bring a smooth cruising and easy riding.
- Great Braking System: With front and rear disc brakes and 24-speed shimono shifting system, you can choose any speed with perfect brakes and excellent full suspension riding in mud, creeks, sand, road with ease.
- Adjustable & Foldable: It is fitted with a Quick-Release Clamp to assist in folding the bike quickly, it is easy to fold and stow in a corner of your apartment or in your car trunk taking it with you anywhere.
- Unique Tire: Fat Tires that can easily take on the different types of off road terrains. It comes with 24-speeds that can handle hilly terrains and the gear change is awesome and smooth.
- Enhanced Safety And Control: The front and rear disc brakes and help keep the cyclist safe even in high speeds and down sloppy terrains. You will also have more control on when and where to stop.
At first glance, Cyrusher FR100 is nothing like what you’ve seen before. But when it comes to features, function, and durability, the FR100 Folding Bike is on its own level of glory. The FR100 is known as the bike that beats them all, an all roads, different weather kind of bike that can take you anywhere you want to go.
I might sound objective to dub Cyrusher FR100 a bike of all season and all roads. But you can’t view it from a different angle, really, given its power, design, and durability. Simply put, if you plan to ramble over gravels, hop on numerous rock, or ride down or up a steep trail, you won’t go wrong with Cyrusher FR100. As a bike that stands up well against anything an active biker throws at it, there’s no doubt this one wins the jackpot for its flexibility.
Cyrusher has paid a lot of attention to the design of this bike. The materials used in design are high quality and the gear system is as responsive as you can imagine. Overall, the brand pays attention to details and brings out to the market a product that can be used in almost any environment.
Many people find this bike to be quite expensive. But even then, the price tag is justified by the bells and whistles that make the bike stand out. The biggest problem with this bike is with folding. It takes a lot of time to do so. And it doesn’t get any light after folding anyway.
7. BEIOU Toray T700 Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike
- Material：Toray T700 Carbon Fiber
- Flat Handlebar：BEIOU Carbon Fiber integrated body /600mm/31.8mm
- Speed Control System： SHIMANO ALTUS 370 (9S)
- Brake System：Mechanical Wire Disc Brake ED Black Color with G3 Disc
- Usually arrives in 7-10 busniess days to US continential addresses; Suspension Fork：GTMRK 330 /26" hydraulic suspension fork
BEIOU Toray T700 is one of the most lightweight mountain bikes on the market right now. So, it is exactly what you need for a smooth, comfortable ride. What’s more, the lightweight nature of the bike means the center of gravity remains in proper check. You will love this bike because of its durability as well as the fact that you can use it for a long time without worrying about repairs.
BEIOU Toray T700 wouldn’t be as good as it is if it didn’t feature a promising suspension fork. The fork is connected directly to the wheels to provide sufficient shock absorption as well as smooth ride wherever you go, especially along rocky trails and unfriendly regions of the mountain. Thanks to the suspension fork, you can ensure almost any obstacle during your adventure – because there will be minimum high bumps to endure in most cases.
Then there is a wire G3 mechanical disc brake. This lets you take control of the speed of the bike, so you can determine how fast the bike goes at any point in time if necessary. You might break that often when climbing a mountain, but you will definitely need this when climbing down.
BEIOU Toray T700 features a speed control feature known as the Shimano M370 ALTUS. This technology lets you keep up with continuous changes in the mountain directions by letting control the speed of the bike accordingly. With a range of speed to choose,M370 ALTUS makes riding fun, easy, and flexible.
8. Diamondback Hardtail Bicycle with 27.5" Wheels
- Hand built 6061-T6 aluminum alloy hardtail frame is Classic mountain biking
- Custom formed and butted tubing combines lightweight and stiffness
- 27.5 inch wheels roll well over obstacles and offer Quick handling
- SR Sun tour XCT fork delivers 80mm of suspension travel
- 3 gears in the front and 8 gear in the back give you a combined 24 speeds to choose from
Diamondback Overdrive Bike without 27.5” wheels is the kind of bike you want to ride on whenever you are on the road. With sturdy breaks that gives you full control over any trail and 11 gears that let you control speed on any terrain, Diamondback Bicycle Overdrive is definitely something you can never go wrong on.
In terms of designed, this bike is made of pure aluminum alloy, a trusted and sturdy material believed o last for a very long time. The material not only creates a structure that’s strong, but also a bike that’s more lightweight and easy to bring with your wherever you go. The head tube is not just strong. It is also flexible. With it, you can steer with precision wherever you want to ride to, and control the bike with ease even in the most unfriendly trails.
Many bikes that we have evaluated in this review cost a lot of money. Honestly if you are on a budget, the likes of Diamondback Release 5C may not be the best option for you because they cost thousands of dollars. This version is on the lower end, which means it won’t break your bank. As such, it is a probable option for cyclists on budget.
You will love this bike because of its solid design and sturdy feel. The disc beak is also something to love about this bike because it helps you to avoid obstacles with ease as well as enabling you to stop quickly whenever you have to.
9. Raleigh Bikes Women's Eva 1 Recreational Mountain Bike
- Made for riding moderate distance on light trails and pavement
- Sizing: xs=5'-5'3", s=5'3"-5'6", m=5'6"-5'9", l=5'9"-6'
- Women's specific features include the frame, saddle, and grips to make sure the EVA better suits a woman's proportions
- Shimano twist shifters will make getting through the 21 gears easy
- 27.5" wheels will roll easily while the 2" wide tires will give you confidence on dirt or pavement
If you have a woman in your life who loves biking, whether it’s your sister, your mom, your wife, or your crush, we recommend getting them the Raleigh Women’s Eva 1 Mountain Bike. Raleigh is said to be women-friendly and often available in four different size options. Unlike the models sold by the likes of Diamondback, this bike is quite affordable, so it should be easy on the wallet.
The one thing that you love about Raleigh Bike for women is that it doesn’t take a lot of time to put the parts together. While some mountain bikes for women often come disassembled for the most part for ease of shipping, this one comes about 85% assembled. The rest of the parts as well as the adjustment of components shouldn’t take you long to put together.
This bike wouldn’t be good enough if it weren’t comfortable. After all, women only spend their money on the most comfortable and useful products out there. Again, who doesn’t want a comfortable bike anyway? And the Raleigh mountain bike is one of them. Given that it guarantees all levels of comfort, this bike is a perfect option for occasional as well as long-term riders.
10. 2018 Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike
- Disc Brakes Front and Rear, Strong and Durable Aluminum Frames
- Easy to Use Shimano Shifters
- Adjustable Suspension - Front and Rear!
- Strong and Light Double Wall Rims, Quick Release Wheels - Front and Rear
- No Sellers can ship fully assembled bikes. Assembly Required
If you are looking for a mountain bike that features larger tires, powerful front and back breaks, and long-lasting heavy wheels, you will love the 2018 Gravity FSX Full Suspension Mountain Bike. These three features all narrow down to one thing: safety when rising. In other words, you can ride comfortably on different roads without worrying about yours safety and overall protection.
If we compare the FSX Dual Suspension Bike with many options on the market, you will realize that this one is a bit more lightweight than many bikes out there. In fact, it weighs only around 26 lbs, even with the frame reinforcement and the additional dual suspension. Of course, some bikes weigh less than this. Even then, for a suspension bike, despite the cost, the FSX 1.0 falls in the category quite well.
This bike also features a high quality seat post, which is made of the same aluminum alloy that’s used to make the frame. The post holds the saddle quite well so that when you seat comfortably, you can balance on the bike well and start riding on the go.