Commerce Content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
In many ways, the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RB1117 is similar to the Exerpeutic 400XL; we had reviewed earlier.
The most notable similarity between these models is they’re both foldable recumbent exercise bikes. Secondly, they both come with a small footprint, and so, it’s easier to use them in places where space is premium.
Finally, both of these models are budget options, though the SF-RB1117 is a tad inexpensive than the Exerpeutic.
But does the SF-RB1117 have what it takes to cater to your fitness needs?
We shall see that in our comprehensive Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RB1117 Review.
What Makes SF-RB1117 Awesome!
Weight capacity: 220 lbs
Dimension: 18L X 18.5W x 52H
Resistance: Magnetic resistance
Resistance levels: 8
Unique Features that Make Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RB1117 Interesting
The design componentry on the SF-RB1117 is well-built, and it falls nothing short of excellence making it one of the top rated exercise bikes today.
The main build, for instance, revolves around a solid steel frame for the ultimate durability and strength.
The frame is further bolstered with anti-corrosive paint, and this gives the bike the toughness it needs to stand up against the elements.
A true manifestation of the strength of this exercise bike is the fact that it has a generous weight capacity of 220 pounds.
Similarly, the bike excels in sturdiness, and despite its small footprint, we were surprised at how stable it was as it didn’t wobble even during the strenuous activities.
That said, it has a fair share of drawbacks on its design, and the most notable one is that it has plastic construction on the drive and braking system cover.
Secondly, it's not as heavy-duty as I prefer; instead, it's designed for the lightweight exercising routines as opposed to heavy spinning.
But don't let that discourage you; it's well built, and if anything, it offers a more superior design compared to the fitness bikes within its class.
The seat on the SF-RB1117 takes a rather different approach than what we normally see in many recumbent bikes.
Instead, it's similar to what standard bikes offer, only that it's further refined with adjustable back support, alongside lateral handlebars for laidback pedaling.
Sure, it doesn't supply users with the extreme characteristic manifested in a majority of the recumbent bikes, but it'll supply you with just enough comfort you need for exercising.
The seat is adjustable, though, and can accommodate users from 4’11” to 6”.
Now, while it’s possible to work out from this bike, even if you’re taller, you won’t benefit from a complete leg stretch.
The handlebars on the SF-RB1117 are non-adjustable, though they’re uniquely designed, offering the possibility of several workout postures.
And similar to the seats, the handlebars are padded with rubber foam for an ergonomic and firm grip.
The tension system is magnetic, whereas the drive system is belt powered.
A combination of these elements results in a smooth and efficient exercising experience.
Further, both of the systems are low maintenance and quiet.
The console is frill-free and quite basic, something that is reflected in the overall, inexpensive price of the bike.
However, despite the budget tag, the console is quite functional, and if anything, it can accurately track all your performance metrics, including distance traveled, time, speed, and calories burned.
What We Liked About SF-RB1117
- Compact: A striking element on this fitness bike is that it’s compact, and better yet, foldable. So, for this bike, it's easy to use it where space is premium and easy to store.
- Portable: Besides being foldable, SF-RB1117 weighs less than 40 pounds, and so easier to move it from one location to the other. Portability on this unit is further manifested through the presence of two transport wheels at the front.
- Noiseless operation: Leveraging on a belt drive system, SF-RB1117 offers extremely quiet operation and will let you exercise without causing too much distraction.
- Inexpensive: SF-RB1117 is a budget option, yet, it has more or less the performance of the premium models.
What We Didn’t Like About SF-RB1117
- Limited Resistance: Though the SF-RB1117 comes with eight levels of resistance, it's quite unfortunate that it's still not sufficient for the serious and dedicated enthusiast.
- Sure, SF-RB1117 might provide the much-needed resistance training for the newbies and intermediary bikers, but even at its highest resistance levels, it doesn’t match what the serious fitness enthusiasts might require.
Bottomline & Verdict
There’re numerous things to like about Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RB1117; it’s well-constructed, durable, flexible, and it offers several levels of resistance for different users.
Better yet, it's a budget option that won't cost you an arm.
That said, it’s not suited for the serious fitness aficionado, but rather to the casual users.