Indoor exercise cycles have been around for as long as any of us can remember. They make a perfect addition to a home gym, particularly because they help to work both upper and lower body. With the best indoor exercise bikes, you can spin your way to physical fitness and healthy living, without visiting a commercial gym.
There are many spinning bikes on the market today. As much as you are spoilt of choice, you are exposed to both quality and counterfeit products. The goal of this guide is to recommend top rated indoor cycles that can give you the biggest bangs for your bucks.
- 1 The Top 3 Picks of The Best Indoor Cycles In Summary
- 2 Best Indoor Cycling Bikes Reviews - We Picked Top Cycles for the money
- 2.1 1. Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
- 2.2 2. Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle Stationary Trainer
- 2.3 3. Sunny SF-B1001S Indoor Cycling Bike
- 2.4 4. Sunny SF-B110
- 2.5 5. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1002 Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
- 2.6 6. ProGear 100S Indoor Training Cycle
- 2.7 7. Sunny Health and Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike
- 2.8 8. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1423 Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
- 2.9 9. JOROTO X1S Stationary Bike Machine for Indoors
- 2.10 10. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1002C Chain Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
- 3 A Buyer's Guide
The Top 3 Picks of The Best Indoor Cycles In Summary
1) Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike will be the best bike for you if you are looking for an exercise bike with fully adjustable seat and handlebars. The system is easy to put up together because it comes with easy-to-follow assembly instructions. And because it is affordable, Sunny & Health Exercise Bike is a perfect choice for people on budget.
2) Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle Stationary Trainer is a computer powered cycle with a four-way adjustable seat. Besides the adjustable combo pedals and water bottle holder, this system features an activity tracker, which is important for quantifying your fitness metrics. Because it is expensive, it is not a good option for people on budget.
3) Sunny SF-B1001 Indoor Cycling Bike is the most affordable exercise bike for indoor use on the market right now. As cheap as it looks, this bike features transportation wheel for moving it from one part of the workout room to another, a support for a maximum weight capacity of 200 lbs, as well as fully adjustable seat, resistance, and handlebars.
Best Indoor Cycling Bikes Reviews - We Picked Top Cycles for the money
1. Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
- Fully adjustable seat and handlebars for comfort
- Adjustable Inseam Height Max. 41 in/ Min. 28.5 in
- Smooth and reliable chain drive mechanism
- Adjustable Felt Pad resistance system with Emergency Stop Brake
- 40 lb chromed solid flywheel for stability.Wheel Gear System:Fixed Wheel
If running five miles a day in the cold weather is not your thing, you can use Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike to create a running-like routine. It is both affordable and practical.
And it is suitable for both beginners and advance bikers who want to take their home gym to the next level. Whether you want to stay in shape or you want to start exercising to cut down the unwanted pounds, this exercise cycle can help you embark on a remarkable fitness journey.
More than Lightweight
It is lightweight, so it is easy to move around the house. That’s not all. It has a 40lb flywheel that helps to boost your workout. And because it is sturdy and solid, it stays well in position throughout workout.
It is not just the weight of the flywheel that enhances the efficiency of this bike. The adjustability aspect of it also contributes largely to make sure you get the most out of this bike.
The seat and handlebars are adjustable for maximum user comfort. In addition, the resistance levels are adjustable; so it is easy to customize to suit both tall and short cyclists.
2. Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle Stationary Trainer
- Incredibly durable, No Wearing Parts, Nearly Maintenance Free
- Whisper Quiet Operation
- Smooth Magnetic Resistance System
- Modern Complementary Design, Built in the U.S.A.
- Computer with Power Output Tracking included for FREE
If you look at this bike for the first, a unique design concept is probably the first thing that will come to your mind. Judging from its glossy look, Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle Stationary Trainer has all the bells and whistles that make the best workout equipment that can well extend a home gym.
Keiser features 24 levels of magnetic resistance, each of which you can control using the battery-powered computer.
In addition to integrated wheels that make transportation easy, Keiser M3 has a heart rate monitoring system and integrated Shimano Combo pedals.
The primary downside of Keiser M3 is that it is quite expensive. But for people who are not on a tight budget, this is definitely a grab-and-go spinning bike worth trying.
The True Feeling of a Road Bike
Keiser Stationary Trainer isn’t a traditional bike per se, but it feels more like it. After all, you can feel this kind of sensation when riding on it. Most importantly, though, is the fact that you get a wide range of resistance, usually up to 24 different tension levels to boost your workout routine.
I bet you wouldn’t invest in a noisy home exercise bike. This makes Keiser a perfect choice; because its eddy current (magnetic resistance) contributes to its quiet, smooth ride.
3. Sunny SF-B1001S Indoor Cycling Bike
- Fully adjustable seat, handlebars and resistance
- Smooth, quiet chain drive mechanism
- Heavy-duty crank and steel frame
- 30-pound flywheel; 220lbs maximum user weight
- Transportation wheels for easy portability
Sunny Health & Fitness always favors fitness maniacs on budget. With the Sunny SF-B1001S Indoor Cycling Bike, you can expand your gym and take it to the next level. As much as it this bike is affordable, it is reliable and built to last for a very long time.
Its unique features include adjustable handlebars, a comfortable cycling seat, and a 30lbs flywheel. The SF-B1001S Indoor Cycling Bike is perfect for people who want to keep fit but have no time to run in the morning as well as those people who want to kick start their weight loss journey.
Water Bottle Holder
Sunny Health & Fitness has included a bottle holder on Sunny SF-B1001S, a very important integration for people who cannot go working out without water.
Sunny SF-B1001S can hold up a maximum of 220lbs. It not only has an adjustable resistance knob, seat, and handlebars, but also includes a working chain drive mechanism, which is necessary for the smooth performance of the bike.
No Computer Console
What you will not love about Sunny SF-B1001S is that it doesn’t feature a computer console. As such, you won’t be able to calculate important fitness metrics, like distance covered, calories burned, and your heart rate.
4. Sunny SF-B110
- FEATURES: Inertia driven flywheel with a chrome rim weighs 44 Ibs giving a smooth and consistent ride when pedaling. Chain driven mechanism simulates road bike exercise.
- RESISTANCE: 2-IN-1 Easy dial tension adjustment and push down brake offers a progressive and challenging workout. Felt pad gives smooth and even resistance.
- FULLY ADUSTABLE: The cushioned ergonomic seat and handlebars adjust forward/backward and up/down, allowing a closer proximity to the handlebar (Adjustable Inseam Height Max 37 in/ Min 29)
- TRANSPORTATION: Transportation wheels provide for easy relocation.
- STABILITY: Up to 265 Ibs weight capacity. Allows user to stand up and pedal, simulating an uphill road experience. Please update sku with new product description and feature points.
The Indoor Cycling Bike, designed by Sunny Health & Fitness, is a perfect proof that you can get an affordable home gym bike that works exactly like the Keiser Stationary. Because of the solid construction, this bike can last for a coon’s age.
And given that it is solid and sturdy, you can ride on it without worrying about falling over to the floor. It features a durable crank, a brake pad resistance system, and a heavy-duty steel frame, all which contribute to giving you the best workout experience you need.
This indoor Cycling Bike comes with a manual resistance knob and a chain drive for adjusting the tension of the bike. Turning the knob will apply more pressure to the bike’s flywheel. The more pressure there is on the flywheel, the tougher your workout gets.
The knob is easily accessible and you can use it to choose your resistance level according to your needs. Also, the knob works as an emergency button.
When it comes to assembly, SF-B1001 is quite easy to put together. Even if you have never seen an indoor cycle before, it should take you less than 30 minutes to put all the parts together.
5. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1002 Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
- STATIONARY EXERCISE BIKE: The sturdy steel frame and 275 maximum user weight gives this bike a rock solid build that will keep it moving ride after ride. Easily move the indoor cycle from room to room with the front-mounted transport wheels
- RESISTANCE: The cycle bike trainer features a resistance system that gives you the experience of a realistic, real-road feeling. Make your workout more intense and burn more calories by cycling at a high resistance level
- SILENT RIDE: Experience a smooth and quiet ride with the maintenance free belt drive system which allows you to workout without interrupting your workout or anyone around you. Seat Dimensions- 10.5L x 6.5W x 2.5H
- CUSTOMIZABILITY: Adjust the seat vertically and horizontally. Handlebars move up and down to adapt to any user type. Height Max 40 in/ Min 29 in. Designed to keep your feet in place, these pedals are built with toe cages
- WATER BOTTLE HOLDER: Stay hydrated throughout your workout. This convenient water bottle holder is built into the frame for easy access
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1002 Belt Drive is a heavy duty indoor cycling bike with a flywheel that weighs 49lbs. Besides the smooth transportation wheels that make it easy to move the device from one place to another, this bike also features a press down brake system, adjustable handlebars and seat, and a belt drive mechanism.
As far as warranty goes, you get 90-day protection on the parts of the bike and a 1-year protection on the frame.
Something about Adjustability
We have already learned that the seat and handlebars are adjustable enough to give you different options. For this version, though, you can adjust the seat only horizontally. That means you cannot adjust the height of the seat.
So, if adjusting the height of the seat is something that’s necessary for your workout, it is best to go for the SF-B1110 version of the home cycling bike.
Some Assembly Required
If this product came completely unassembled, it would take a long time to put the parts together. Luckily, though, a majority of the assembly has already been done for you. The small part that’s remaining should not take you long to put together. More often than not, about half an hour is enough to put the parts together.
6. ProGear 100S Indoor Training Cycle
- Up to 250 lbs user weight capacity. Chain Driven to simulate road bike exercise
- Heart Pulse sensors will enable you to stay within your personal heart rate zone. LCD computer with readouts of calories burned, distance, time, speed, pulse and scan
- 4 way seat adjustment. The cushioned ergonomic seat will adjust forward/backward and up/down
- Easy Dial tension adjustment for a more progressive and challenging workout. Top down emergency brake
- Cast iron inertia Driven flywheel with a chrome rim weighs 22 lbs and is smooth and consistent when pedaling
ProGear 100S for indoor training was designed for low impact cardio workout. It’s not a perfect Indoor Training Cycle, but it is good enough to help you burn calories fast without stressing your joints. The ProGear 100S is one of the cheapest bikes out there, yet it does have some feature that you won’t find in bikes that cost more than $200.
A Computer Console
A computer console is one of the most significant features of ProGear 100S. This device is important because it not only helps you to read your fitness data but also enable you to quantify them appropriate. You can use information like calories burned, distance covered, and heart rate to determine whether you are in line with your health and fitness goals.
No Scary Wobbling
ProGear 100S is a compact and very lightweight bike. Regardless, the stabilizer bars and steel frame are sturdy enough to keep you in position throughout your workout period. Keep in mind that the handlebars as well as the seat may wobble a little, but that is not anything to worry about.
It would be great if both the seat and the handlebars were adjustable. Unfortunately, the handlebars are in fixed position. But the seat can be adjusted both horizontally and vertically to fit your comfort.
7. Sunny Health and Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike
- ERGONOMIC SEATING: This bike ergonomically designed for optimum comfort and ease. It has a road bike-style saddle can be adjusted both vertically and horizontally.
- ADJUSTABLE: Adjustable seat offers user comfort and stability (inseam height 27 - 33in). Simply twist the knob to add or remove resistance while the brake allows users to stop the flywheel in seconds
- TRACK YOUR FITNESS: Keep track of your performance and monitor your progress. The LCD monitor tracks your time, speed, distance and calories burned.
- FLYWHEEL AND DRIVE: The 22 lbs flywheel offers high inertia and resistance allowing you to have precise control over your riding session. Chain drive mechanism provides a smooth and sturdy ride.
- COMFORT: Rubber foam paddle handle bars extend the duration of your workout. Caged pedals will prevent feet slip and give more support while pedaling. Max weight 220Ibs.
If you love working out but hate running or brisk walking every day, Sunny Health and Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike can help you workout your body in the best way possible. This bike is low-priced, but it is solid, sturdy, and built to last.
It is a perfect choice for fitness enthusiasts that would like to train to lose weight. It also a good choice for strength training and go-to exercise equipment for preparing for outdoor rides.
LCD Fitness Monitor
An activity tracker is a very important technology. Without, it is impossible to tell just how far you are getting with fitness training. Sunny Health 7 Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike features a reliable LCD Monitor that you can rely on to track significant health and fitness metrics when riding the bike.
The monitor lets you track calories burned, time spent spinning the exercise bike, as well as distance covered.
The seat of this home training cycle is easy to adjust. The adjustable range, in height, is between 27 inches and 33 inches. As a reminder, adjusting the seat accordingly not only gives you the comfort you need to cycle for many hours, but also ensures your stability on the bike.
8. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1423 Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
- 40lbs chromed solid flywheel combined with the belt drive mechanism allows for smooth and quiet workouts
- Adjustable handlebars and fully adjustable seat with high density padding
- LCD monitor displays time, speed, distance, calories, and scan. Seat Dimensions- 10.5L x 9.5W x 2.5H
- Adjustable resistance with press down braking system
- Heavy duty steel frame with bottle holder; maximum user weight 265 lbs
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1423 Belt Drive is not so much different from other exercise bikes in the Sunny Health & Fitness indoor bike series. It is still a remarkable bike, though. The company used heavy duty steel to make the frame and the stabilizer, which means the bike is too sturdy to move around when you workout.
In fact, you can exercise on this bike while standing, transitioning in between, or standing, without worrying about the possibility of the system wobbling. The design just gives it a very solid base, so the chances of being tipped off are zero.
A Computer Display
You must have noticed a trend with Sunny Health & Fitness exercise bikes by now. A majority of them have LCD computer displays. Even the SF-B1423 Belt Drive has one. And it is quite a significant device. The purpose of this LCD Display is to enable you to track your fitness stats in real time, making it easy for you to determine just how hard you are working out.
The seat and handlebars are adjustable. You can adjust the seat vertically and horizontally. The handlebars can only be adjusted vertically. The adjustments perfectly suits people between 5 feet 2 inches and 6 feet4 inches.
9. JOROTO X1S Stationary Bike Machine for Indoors
JORONTO X1S isn’t a popular brand in the fitness community. But it still has the bells and whistles for a high quality exercise bike for indoor workout. As unpopular as it is, JOROTO X1S is a high quality system designed with your comfort in mind. Here is what makes it stand out:
JOROTO X1S features feature a computerized activity monitor that lets you track your fitness progress on the fly. Instead of guessing how many calories you’ve burned or the total distance covered, you can see an almost accurate estimate of your fitness stats on the digital monitor screen. From distance cycled and speed to calories burned and total time spent on the bike, you get it all displayed in one place.
Adjustable Seat and Handlebars
JOROTO X1S wouldn’t be a good indoor bike for exercising if the seat weren’t adjustable. The seat supports a four-way adjustability pattern. This means you can adjust it up or down, forward or back. Because of the four-way adjustability pattern, JOROTO X1S should accommodate most users just fine.
The handlebars are also adjustable. Unlike the seats of JOROTO X1S, though, you can adjust the handlebars only up and down.
10. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1002C Chain Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
- CYCLE BIKE: The sturdy frame, 49 Ib flywheel and 275 lb user weight gives this bike a rock solid build that will keep it moving ride after ride. Easily moveable with the front-mounted transport wheels
- RESISTANCE: The cycle bike trainer resistance system gives you the experience of a realistic, real-road feeling while the built in push down emergency brake will bring the bike to an immediate stop. Belt Drive
- SILENT RIDE: Experience a smooth and realistic ride with chain drive system which allows you to workout without interrupting your workout or anyone around you.
- CUSTOMIZABILITY: With a height inseam of 29 - 40 in, adjust the seat horizontal/vertical to fit you while pedals are built with toe cages to keep your feet in place. Handlebars can be moved up/down.
The quality of this bike just goes a long way to show how serious Sunny Health & Fitness is about designing the best fitness equipment for fitness adherent like you. The frame is sturdy, the supported user weight is 275 lbs, and the flywheel weighs about 49 lbs. Because it comes with transport wheels, this one is easy to move from one corner of your home gym to another.
Not So Pricey
One of the most interesting things about Sunny Health & Fitness is their pricing model. Regardless of how advanced their design approach is, their fitness technology is always affordable. In fact, the SF-B1002C Chain Drive Indoor Cycling Bike is feature-packed to the brim, yet the price of the bike is quite reasonable.
Easy to Customize
You can customize SF-B1002C easily. The seat is adjustable both vertically and horizontally. The handlebars are adjustable only vertically. To maximize your comfort, Sunny Health & Fitness adds toe cages to the pedals for the purpose of keeping your feet in place.
Noisy Chain Drive
What you won’t like about this bicycle for indoor exercise is the unfortunate fact that the chain drive is a little bit noisy. But that shouldn’t worry you because, at the end of the day, this bike has the bells and whistles that make it stand out.
A Buyer's Guide
Here are four things to look at before buying an home gym bike.
Adjustable Seats and Handlebars
When you can adjust a seat and handlebars of a cyle, then and only then can you get the comfort that you really need. Consider an exercise bike that lets you adjust not just the seat but the handlebars, too.
Indoor Training bikes that don’t have computer displays are good, but they don’t often take the cake like the ones with computer display do. Because the display lets you monitor your fitness activities on the fly, it is ideal to choose a bicycle for indoor exercising that has a computer display.
Water Bottle Holder
This one is not a must-have per se, but it is still necessary. If you are the one person that sweats, pants, and dehydrates during workout, it is best to go for a workout bike that comes with a water bottle holder.
In this time and age, people value indoor exercise bikes because of their health benefits, from improving cardiovascular health to burning calories. And given that they are cost effective than monthly commercial gym subscriptions, they’ve become a great addition to home gyms, especially because you buy them once and for all.