Working out your lower body is a good thing. But when you can exercise both the upper and lower body simultaneously, regular workout becomes more enjoyable. When it comes to the best exercise bikes, the only type that works your upper and lower body simultaneously are the dual action cycling bikes.
There are many dual action exercise cycles out there. But not all of them are worth spending money on. We have written this guide to let you in on some of the top-rated dual action exercise bikes for the money. The goal is to help you pick the right bike for home use in the shortest time possible.
- 1 Our Top 3 Picks of the Best Dual Action Cycles
- 2 Top Dual Action Exercise Bicycles Reviews - We picked the best cycles for the money
- 2.1 1. Body Rider Exercise Upright Fan Bike
- 2.2 2. Marcy Exercise Upright Fan Bike for Cardio Training and Workout AIR-1
- 2.3 3. Schwinn AD6 Airdyne
- 2.4 4. Stamina ATS
- 2.5 5. Velocity Exercise Dual Motion Recumbent Bike
- 2.6 6. Exerpeutic GOLD Dual Trainer
- 2.7 7. Marcy Fan NS-1000
- 2.8 8. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1509
- 2.9 9. Sunny Health & Fitness Commercial Indoor Cycling Bike
- 2.10 10. Body Rider BRT3980 3-in-1 Trio-Trainer
- 3 Buyer’s Guide
Our Top 3 Picks of the Best Dual Action Cycles
1) Whether you are looking to add a dual action bike to your existing home gym or you just want to buy a bicycle for working out, Body Rider Exercise Upright Fan Bike is a good option to consider. With a soft, comfortable seat, a clear display monitor, and adjustable resistance level, this bike makes a good choice for regular workout.
2) Marcy Exercise Upright Fan Bike is an inexpensive exercise bike for full body workout. It is a good option for people who don’t have a lot of money to spend but still want to own dual action cycling bike for home use.
3) Schwinn AD6 Airdyne is a more advanced bike in the family of Schwinn exercise bikes. Unlike other bikes in our summary, the AD6 features an infinite resistance, which means that the more you pedal, the more the intensity of your workout.
Top Dual Action Exercise Bicycles Reviews - We picked the best cycles for the money
1. Body Rider Exercise Upright Fan Bike
- DUAL-ACTION EXTENDED HANDLEBARS for upper and lower body engagement
- EASY TO ADJUST RESISTANCE LEVELS and workout intensity with the turn of a knob
- HIGH MOMENTUM FAN WHEEL SYSTEM offers a fluid workout
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT and UPDATED cushion for better comfort. Care and cleaning: Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- STURDY STEEL "H" FRAME DESIGN engineered for stability and peace of mind
Body Rider is equipment in popular commercial gyms, and it also makes a perfect addition to an existing home gym. Known as a budget bike for fitness maniacs, this bike is rated as the best for pull body workout because the arms and pedals move together during exercising.
The Display Monitor
The display monitor is one of the most helpful technologies integrated in body rider. Besides displaying your workout data, it can help you to quantify those stats, until you reach your workout goals. The most common data displayed include speed, distance covered, total time spent on the bike, and the total amount of calories burned.
Resistance is Adjustable
Body Rider features an easy-to-adjust resistance. The resistance lets you increase or decrease the level of workout. And you can do that by simply turning the dials on the bike. The dial is located in an easy-to-access position, so you will not struggle to find it during workout.
A Soft Seat
Because Body Rider Exercise Upright Fan Bike has a soft seat, one can use the bike to exercise for long periods without feeling pain on the back or in the butt. The seat is cushioned and there is even a fan wheel that rotates to deliver a cooling breeze, making you feel more comfortable during workout.
2. Marcy Exercise Upright Fan Bike for Cardio Training and Workout AIR-1
- PREMIUM STEEL FRAMEWORK-This multifunctional equipment features a premium steel frame that combines design and performance. Constructed from 14-gauge steel tubing with scratch-resistant and powder coated finished, this bike boasts durability in its uses
- DUAL-ACTION EXERCISE ARMS -Designed to give you an efficient and effective workout, this exercise fan bike features a pair of dual-action exercise designed to simultaneously work your upper body while targeting multiple muscle groups.
- UNIQUE RESISTANCE SYSTEM- This bike comes with an innovative resistance system that utilizes a fan instead of a weighted flywheel that increases resistance as you pedal faster and produces cool air to increase comfort and endurance while you work out.
- HIGH-TECH LCD MONITOR - The Marcy AIR-1 exercise fan bike has a LCD computer screen that acts as an odometer. The state-of-the-art sharp panel LCD screen displays time, speed, distance, and calories large enough for easy visibility.
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT POSITIONING - This stationary bike features an adjustable seat that can accommodate users of different body types. The adjustable seat facilitates proper body form during exercises and allows the body to precisely conform to the equipment.
While spending a fortune on gym fee can still help you get fit, it most probably will leave you broke at the end of the day. To workout at home, without spending a dime on a daily basis, consider riding on Marcy Exercise Upright Fan Bike, the equipment designed for cardio training as well as full body workout.
No one wants to spend money on some low quality dual action cycles. That’s why Marcy uses high quality materials to design this bike, the low price of the product notwithstanding. Besides making the bike sturdy and reliable, the quality build also guarantees that the bike will last for almost a lifetime.
The Seat is Large
Marcy’s AIR-1 come with a very large seat. This seat is padded for the maximum comfort of the rider. You can always replace the seat if you do not like it. There should be a number of good seats out there that are compatible with Marcy’s AIR-1.
The only problem with the seat is that it might get a little uncomfortable on long workout. However, this shouldn’t be an issue, especially because not so many people complain about the bike’s seat.
3. Schwinn AD6 Airdyne
- Dimensions: 49.7L x 25.7W x 50.9H in.
- Resistance-based braking creates zero friction
- Durable metal frame
- Smooth, reliable ride
- Ideal for rehabilitative use
Schwinn has been around for as long as the internet can remember. And the brand’s Schwinn AD6 is a high quality product that pretty much speaks for itself. It is an advanced version of the AD2, which means it has more bells and whistles than the older models.
Schwinn AD6 features an infinite resistance. This means that if you want to get more resistance, you will have to pedal the bike harder. The harder you pedal the more effective the workout. This bike also provides the option of working your upper and lower body simultaneously or independently.
Schwinn AD6 console is also an improvement of the Schwinn AD2. The brand has added a number of statistics on the console, including distance, speed, and calories burned. There is also a Rev Meter that visually displays all your stats. The only problem with the console is that it is not bright enough, so it can be hard to read your data.
Full Body Workout
Schwinn AD6 Airdyne was designed for pull body workout. That means it focuses on both the lower and upper body, making it an effective exercise cycle for people that would like to use an workout bike to lose weight and keep fit.
4. Stamina ATS
- InTouch Fitness Monitor lets you track speed, time, distance, and calories burned
- Adjustable height, cushioned seat
- Dial Tension Control
- Dual Action, padded handlebars
- Air Transfer System resistance
Whether you are on a budget or you don’t like spending a lot of money on fitness bike, Stamina ATS a really good fit for you. Stamina ATS is the one bike that lets you adjust the resistance levels manually, depending on how fast or how slow you pedal the bike.
Sturdy and Stable
Stamina ATS is quite light. So it is easy to mistake it as unstable. In the real sense, though, this bike is both sturdy and stable, so it won’t rock or wobble when riding, even in the event of tough workouts. Thanks to the heavy-duty steel, this one will remain steady during workout.
You can adjust the seat of this bike to accommodate users of different heights. You can only adjust the seat upwards or downwards. Because it is impossible to adjust the seat forwards or backwards, you can’t comfortably balance yourself in relations to the handle bars.
This is the only workout bicycle on our list that enables you to adjust the resistance levels in two ways. You can use the fan wheel technique. This means that the more you pedal the bike, the more the resistance. The second way is to adjust the resistance manually. This can be done by adjusting the resistance knob on the frame.
5. Velocity Exercise Dual Motion Recumbent Bike
- 5 Kg flywheel
- One way bearing belt driven
- 8 levels of tension control
- Computer readouts for time, speed, odometer, distance, calorie, hand pulse.Dimensions 51 Hx 25 W x 50 D inches
If you are looking for a dual action fitness bicycle that can work your legs, upper body, and your arms, try Velocity Exercise Dual Motion Recumbent Bike. This device lets you do more cardio workout, allowing you to burn more calories, lose weight in the process, or just get into the best shape as a trainee.
Velocity has a unique computer display, which is a necessary integration in most top-rated dual action workout cycle. The purpose of this display is to show you your workout stats in real time. The data include speed, time taken for the ride, the distance covered, your pulse rate, and the amount of calories burned in the process.
Heart Rate Monitor
Because Velocity features a heart rate monitor, you can use it to check your health. The only problem is the data you get isn’t going to be accurate, and therefore cannot be medically verified as useful. Also, you can use the pulse sensors to read your pulse as you pedal Velocity bike.
The stabilizer bars are important part of this upright bike for indoor exercise. They help to keep the bike in position during workout. The stabilizer helps to carry the weight of the user, so that the bike remains stable throughout.
6. Exerpeutic GOLD Dual Trainer
- Extended weight capacity up to 250 lbs. Natural elliptical motion eliminates any stress on joints and ankles
- 4 direction adjustable expanded extra large seat for all users. Dual action workout arms provide an additional upper body workout
- Easy Dial tension adjustment for a more or less challenging workout. An easy to read computer LCD display indicates time, distance, speed, calories burned and Scan
- Larger pedal construction with ribbed dot design to prevent foot slippage when exercising. Backward stride capability
- Reinforced crank System for consistent momentum. 1 year limited Warranty
If there is one thing I love about Exerpeutic GOLD Dual Trainer, it is that one can use it in a standing as well as in a sitting position. As such, the bike makes it easy for you to target both lower and upper body parts. By transitioning from elliptical motion to an exercise bicycle, you work the abdominal muscles, therefore strengthening your core.
A Moveable Bike
One of the best features that this bike has is the transportation wheels. The purpose of the wheel is to help you move the bike from one point to another in your workout station in the shortest time possible. In addition to the transportation wheels are extended weight capacity and an easy-to-customize, comfortable seat.
You will notice that Exerpeutic GOLD comes with larger pedals. This means you can ride the bike for hours without worrying whether your feet will slip from the pedals. The pedals do provide your feet with a stable grip. This means you can easily switch between aero elliptical and regular workout bicycle.
What you’ll like
Because it supports a user capacity of up to 250 lbs, Exerpeutic GOLD can be used by most people. In addition to the large, comfortable, adjustable seat, this bike features a reinforced crank system that boosts the momentum of the bike.
7. Marcy Fan NS-1000
- FULL-BODY WORKOUT - The Marcy Fan Exercise Bike is a stationary bike that also offers a full-body workout. This exercise bike will strengthen your lower body while its dual-action arms feature will increase your upper body endurance as you pedal.
- UNIQUE AIR RESISTANCE SYSTEM - This exercise bike possesses a unique air resistance system that keeps your body cool while you're working out. What's more, its tension level is adjustable through the resistance knob, allowing you to regulate your workout intensity to a variety of levels.
- EASY INTERFACE - This stationary bike comes with a user-friendly tracker and an LCD that allows you to scan modes and track your time, distance, speed, and calories burned as you exercise.
- ERGONOMIC SEATING -The Marcy Fan Exercise Bike is ergonomically designed for comfortable seating. Its adjustable seat and handlebars are packed with high-density foam, which will prevent you from experiencing stiffness of the back, strains, and muscle aches as you work out.
- GYM AT HOME - This exercise bike will let you experience a complete cardio routine without leaving the comfort of your home. It is easy to assemble and to move around the house since it has transport wheels for convenient mobility. The Marcy Fan Exercise Bike is made of 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder-coated finish. It has dimensions of 45" (L) x 26.75" (W) x 48.75" (H) and a weight of 250 pounds.
We can agree that Marcy Fan NS-1000 is one of the cheapest workout bicycle in the Marcy’s exercise bikes series. One thing you need to understand, though, it that this is a pretty basic system. Therefore, it is a good option for people who are looking for a fitness bike that is neither expensive nor advanced in terms of features.
The surface of this bike’s seat is somewhat contoured. The biggest issue with the seat is that it feels a little hard on the butt, so it isn’t really the best feature of Marcy Fan NS-1000. Even so, you can always use a gel seat cover to make the seat feel comfortable on your butt.
Artistically Designed Handlebars
The handlebars of Marcy Fan NS-1000 have stable grips. What’s more, they are covered with a layer of foam, making them feel great on hold. Something unusual about the handlebar is that they are always in motion as long as a rider is paddling the bike. Keep in mind, too, that the handlebars of this bike are not adjustable.
What you’ll like
Marcy Fan NS-1000 features sturdy transportation wheels that make the relocation and storage easy. Besides being less noisy and requiring little maintenance, NS-1000 bike can support a user weight of up to 250 lbs.
8. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1509
- Features a height adjustable handlebar and adjustable fore/aft and up/down seat
- Belt drive mechanism for smooth and quite workouts, with a 40lb chromed solid flywheel
- Micro adjustable resistance with press down braking System
- Dual action click and caged combination pedals and reliable heavy duty crank
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1509 is a premium indoor exercise bike, a newer product in the family of Sunny Health & Fitness. Featuring dual action pedals, a weight capacity of 265 lbs, and SPD clips on toe-cages and one, this bike is definitely more advanced than the Sunny SF-B1423.
You Can Adjust the Seat
Adjusting the seat of Sunny SF-B1423 is easy. You simply twist a known, move the seat back, forth, up, or down, adjust it to the levels of the handlebars, and you are good to go. Adjusting the seat of the device is crucial, because it is one of the ways to ensure you ride the bike comfortably.
Because the handlebars are easy to adjust, it should be easy to customize them accordingly, depending on the rider. The handles are padded for comfort, and the slip-free modification ensures that you can hold the handlebars for hours without worrying about your hands slipping.
A Heavier Flywheel
The flywheel of Sunny SF-B1423 weighs 40lbs. Although this adds some extra weight to the bike, it is advantageous to the user. The more weight a flywheel has, the smoother the ride. A heavier flywheel helps you to create the right momentum for longer period. This keeps you going for hours.
9. Sunny Health & Fitness Commercial Indoor Cycling Bike
- Heavy duty Commercial grade structure with a 300lbs weight capacity
- 48.5lbs chromed flywheel w/dual action click and caged combination pedals
- Innovative easy-to-remove crank shafts
- Height adjustable handlebar and adjustable fore/aft and up/down seat
- Chain drive mechanism; micro adjustable resistance with press down braking System
What we love about Commercial Indoor Cycling Bike from Sunny Health & Fitness is the heavy flywheel. Of course, the flywheel adds on a little more weight on the bike, but the best thing about the heaviness is that it gives the user a smooth pedaling experience. Although this bike does not have many extras, it is good enough for workout.
The flywheel of Sunny SF-B1516 bike weights about 48 lbs. Of course, this adds a little more weight to the machine itself. The benefit is that you get a more comfortable and smoother ride. Regardless of the speed of the resistance, the flywheel will give you the best riding experience, making you feel like you are riding a real bike outdoors.
A Portable Stuff
Sunny Health & Fitness Commercial Indoor Cycling Bike has transportation wheels, which make it easy for you to move the bike from one spot to another in your workout space. The wheels eliminate the need for heavy lifting, as all you have to do is to effortlessly push the bike.
The seat of this bike is easy to adjust. The benefits include accommodating users of different heights and making workout comfortable if you choose to ride the bike for longer periods. To adjust the seat, simply twist the knob and then choose your height accordingly.
10. Body Rider BRT3980 3-in-1 Trio-Trainer
- Patented design: Effective, Efficient, & Space-Saving
- Use as Elliptical Trainer/Upright Cycle/Recumbent Bike
- Seamless Transitions: No pedal adjustments necessary
- Computer monitor w/17+ Training Programs
- Integrated Heart Rate Monitor/Pulse Grips, Motorized Magnetic Resistance & Dual-action Handlebars
Every fitness maniacs loves an exercise bike that’s feature-packed. And the Body Rider BRT3980 3-in-1 feels like a bike you would jump off a cliff for. Some of the most unique bells and whistles of this bike include adjustable resistance, 21 training programs, a heart rate monitor, and a computer display.
It is a good thing to get workout updates during your exercise session. Thanks to the LCD display, you can see all your fitness activity stats as you continue to exercise. Workout data include heart rate, calories burned, total distance covered, time taken to ride the bike, and the speed. Also, the 21 training programs are quite useful in helping you become the fit you.
Lightweight yet Stable
Weighing about 88.1 lbs, the Body Rider BRT3980 3-in-1 Trio-Trainer is a very lightweight bike. Of course, this makes mobility of the bike easier. Despite being lightweight, the bike is very stable; so it won’t wobble when riding. Because it is stable, it makes a perfect option for elliptical training.
What you’ll like
Besides the LCD display that displays your workout stats and the 21 training programs for effective exercising, this bike is also smooth and offers consistent rides. It doesn’t even take up much space in your room, and it is more comfortable than many dual action exercise bikes on the market.
If you are going to buy a lightweight dual action cycling bike, make sure they have stabilizers. This helps to hold the bike in position during workout. The last thing you want is a bike that wobbles every time you use it for training.
A console is an important part of a dual action cycling bike, but not all bikes have this feature. If you just want an exercise bike for physical fitness, any will do. But if you want to track your fitness metrics also, a bike with a console would make a perfect choice.
Remember, no dual action exercise cycle is made equal. The features of one bike may not be present in another. At the end of the day, the most important thing that matters when it comes to choosing an exercise bike is your primary needs. Once you know your needs, choosing the right bike becomes easy.