Commerce Content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Cycling is all about having fun, getting in shape, and enjoying the moment. And if you’re a part of the cycling community, you get the opportunity to ride with dozens of enthusiasts who love to cycle on different trails.
When you think about Follow Contador, the true statement of an exceptional cycling experience comes to mind. And it wasn’t just an event where cyclists rode against each other in a 1,000-kilometer race. It was also an opportunity to ride with Alberto Contador, the most popular cyclist of our time.
- 1 Popular Blog Posts On Your Blog
- 2 What is Follow Contador About?
- 3 Who Was Behind Follow Contador?
- 4 Tracking the Follow Contador Cycling Competition
- 5 How Long Did the Competition Last?
- 6 What Was the Objective of Follow Contador Cycling Competition?
- 7 About FollowContador.com
- 8 Popular Blog Posts On Your Blog
Popular Blog Posts On Your Blog
What is Follow Contador About?
Follow Contador was a unique cycling event that brought the world’s greatest riders together. The goal was to cycle for 1000KM. And the experience is quite a thrill, to be frank.
At the very least, there was more to the cycling fun than just racing with Alberto Contador and his junior. Riders got the exclusive access to the best training and nutritional advice that they never have found anywhere else otherwise. It was incredible, and definitely one of a lifetime’s best experiences not worth missing.
Who Was Behind Follow Contador?
Follow Contador was an epic event overall, thanks to the promotional effort by Polartec. Polartec is a fabric technology company that builds the best design solutions. Well known for its “impossible is possible” slogan, Polartec designs the best fabric solutions for any need and any situation.
Polartec has been in business for over 100 years. Knowing for reinventing how riders dress in the 1980s, this company has had quite an influence in the cycling space.
Tracking the Follow Contador Cycling Competition
The competition required the gamification of the Strava’s API. This means that every cyclist who wanted to participate in the completion at the time had to have an active Strava account.
The API helped to track the cycling process, thanks to the compatibility with the GPS.
To put this into perspective, Strava’s API helped to determine and verify the total distance covered. It increased the difficulty of the cycling sport stage after stage. And it automatically created real time rankings for the competition.
How Long Did the Competition Last?
First, it’s important to note that this event was first launched in August 28, 2016. And it involved 10 European countries with cyclist aged between 18 and 45 years. The cycling event ran from August 29, 2016 to September 26, 2016.
This event had four challenges, with the next one harder than the previous. A badge unlocked each time a rider completed a challenge. And the Strava’s API helped a great with the tracking the entire time.
What Was the Objective of Follow Contador Cycling Competition?
The main aim of the event was to increase Polartec’s brand awareness and to enhance the credibility of the cycling industry.
FollowContador.com is a cycling website that was recently acquired by BikeHavens.com. The primary goal of Bike Havens is to help you get the most out of your daily cycling experience, while making riding on different trail fun every step of the way.
Popular Blog Posts On Your Blog
- Best Bike Bags
- Best Bike Bells
- Best Bike Chain Lubes
- Best Bike Chains
- Best Bike Computers
- Best Bike Gel Seat Covers
- Best Bike Helmets
- Best Bike Helmets for Kids
- Best Bike Lights
- Best Bike Locks
- Best Bike Phone Mounts
- Best Bike Pumps
- Best Bike Racks
- Best Bike Stands
- Best Bike Tool Kits
- Best Bike Trailers
- Best Bike Trainers
- Best Bike Tubes
- Best Bike Water Bottles
- Best Chamois Creams For Cyclists
- Best Cycling Backpacks
- Best Cycling Books
- Best Cycling Cameras
- Best Cycling Caps
- Best Cycling Energy Bars
- Best Cycling Gloves
- Best Cycling Jackets
- Best Cycling Jerseys
- Best Cycling Pants
- Best Cycling Recovery Drink
- Best Cycling Shoe Covers
- Best Cycling Shoes
- Best Cycling Shorts
- Best Cycling Socks
- Best Cycling Sunglasses
- Best Electric Bikes
- Best Elliptical Machines
- Best Energy Gel for Cycling
- Best Exercise Bikes Reviews
- Best Fitness Trackers for Cycling
- Best Folding Bikes
- Best Headphones for Cycling
- Best Heart Rate Monitor For Cycling
- Best Hybrid Bikes
- Best Kids Bikes
- Best Mountain Bikes Reviews
- Best Mountain Bike Brakes
- Best Mountain Bike Forks
- Best Mountain Bike Gloves
- Best Mountain Bike Handlebars
- Best Mountain Bike Knee Pads
- Best Mountain Bike Pedals
- Best Mountain Bike Saddles
- Best Mountain Bike Shoes
- Best Mountain Bike Shorts
- Best Mountain Bike Tires
- Best Mountain Bikes Helmets
- Best Mountain Bikes Under $1000
- Best Mountain Bikes Under $2000
- Best Mountain Bikes Under $300
- Best Mountain Bikes Under $500
- Best Road Bikes Reviews
- Best Road Bike Helmet
- Best Road Bike Pedals
- Best Road Bike Saddles For Long Rides – Top Seats Reviewed
- Best Road Bike Shoes
- Best Road Bike Tires
- Best Road Bike Wheels
- Best Road Bikes Under $1000
- Best Road Bikes Under $1500
- Best Road Bikes Under $2000
- Best Road Bikes Under $300
- Best Road Bikes Under $500
- Best Smart Watches for Cycling
- Best Supplements for Cycling
- Best Torque Wrenches
- Cool Must Have Gadgets and Accessories for your Bike
- Most Comfortable Bike Seats