Commerce Content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Hitting the road on a bike in style used to be something only cycling athletes would do. That was back in the days, though. Today, cycling has become so popular among so many people. So common, in fact, it’s now one of the most popular recreational sports in the history of health and fitness. If you can ride a bike, able to keep on the right side of the road, and stay focused on your lane, biking can be quite fun.
As much as road bikes are fun, the single cost of a top-rated model can make your heart skip a bit. And, if you are on a budget, a high-end road bike might be a bank breaker, even if owning one is a necessary evil. Fortunately, if you enjoy riding bicycles, there are still good options that you can buy on budget.
In fact, you do not have to pay the earth to have a great ride. That’s not all. Even cheap bikes pack tons of bells and whistles that high-end models have. So, they are still the cream of the crop, irrespective of being under budget. More often than not, a good road bike under 1500 dollars should be perfect for you.
- 1 Best Road Bicycles Priced Below 1500 Dollars Comparison Chart & Rating
- 2 Best Road Bikes Below 1,500 dollars Reviews
- 2.1 1. Kestrel 2019 Talon X Aero Carbon Road Bike
- 2.2 2. Schwinn Fastback Road Bike
- 2.3 3. Kestrel Talon X Shimano 105 Bike Men’s
- 2.4 4. BEIOU BO-CB0012B Road Bike
- 2.5 5. Raleigh Bikes Merit 3 Endurance Road Bike
- 2.6 6. SAVA HERD 6.0 T800 Carbon Fiber 700C Road Bicycle
- 2.7 7. SAVADECK Windwar 5.0 Road Bike
- 2.8 8. Tommaso Monza Endurance Aluminum Road Bike
- 2.9 9. BEIOU 700C Road Bike Shimano 105 5800
Best Road Bicycles Priced Below 1500 Dollars Comparison Chart & Rating
Best Road Bikes Below 1,500 dollars Reviews
1. Kestrel 2019 Talon X Aero Carbon Road Bike
Get a highly optimized riding experience on different terrains with the new Kestrel Talon X Aero Carbon Bike. Whether you’re up for a racing event, you want to cruise the city streets at top speed, or you’d like to ride on rough roads with ease, this new bad boy can get you anywhere you want to go.
The frame is made of pure carbon, a material that makes the bike lightweight and easy to ride on different trails. And just in case you stumble on rugged paths, roads with loopholes, or bumpy trails, you’ll still have a great riding experience thanks to the carbon suspension fork that easily absorbs shock and streamline paths for an unforgettable riding experience.
Kestrel 2019 Talon X’s Oval Concept 327 wheels are an innovation of a kind. Even the Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Tire is a unique implementation that you’ve probably not heard of before. And the purpose is? To ensure you have the best grip on different terrains, regardless of the weather condition outside.
As the tires provide you with solid grip to enhance the stability of the bike, the 11-gear system gives you the power to ride the bike at your own pace. And when it’s time to stop, you have the Tekro dual pivot break that give you the stopping power that you need to halt.
2. Schwinn Fastback Road Bike
With Schwinn Fastback, every riding moment is an opportunity to experience the outdoors. You can explore open roads with ease, cruise the busy streets fast, and even ride through rugged trails with ease.
Fastback’s frame is made of pure N LITENED Black Label carbon. Weighing just 19.4 pounds after full assembly, this is definitely one of the most lightweight bikes in the Schwinn’s product line. The race carbon fork optimizes your riding experience by absorbing shock from bumpy roads, uneven paths, and rugged trails.
Because this bike is available in 5 different sizes, there is definitely an option for every rider. Whether you need an extra small version or the extra-large is the perfect fit you, Schwinn has a Fastback bike optimized exactly for your size.
The integrated Shimano R5800 22-speed system means the ability to ride at top speeds. The STI shifters make switching from one gear to another an easy task. And the Shimano BR-5800 dual pivot caliper brakes give you the stopping power for road safety, especially when riding fast.
3. Kestrel Talon X Shimano 105 Bike Men’s
It’s more of a road bike. But if you are into triathlon and you just can’t afford to spend a lot of money on an actual tri bicycle, Talon X can actually make a great choice.
This bike is super lightweight, thanks to the PF30 BB modulus carbon fiber frame. When fully assembled, the bike weighs around 19 pounds.
This makes it easy to ride with the least effort possible. One of the best things about this road bike is that it’s available in 5 different frame sizes. In other words, the brand ensures that there is a Talon X for every rider regardless of his or her height.
This bike features an Oval Concepts 327 wheel sets with 700c 20/24 tires. The 11-speed system is sufficient for a road bike. But if you need more than 11, then it would be a good idea to consider an option like Schwinn Fastback. The Tekro direct mount break set gives you the stopping power that you need to control the speed of this bike.
4. BEIOU BO-CB0012B Road Bike
BEIOU has been in the bikes business since the 80s. And every time they get down to designing a new bike model, they mean real business. The BO-CB0012B is one of the well-rated models in the brand’s product line. And it’s a good option for someone who’s looking for a road bike that doesn’t break the bank.
A majority of the parts of this bike, including the frame, handlebar, and seat post, are all made of BEIOU carbon fiber, a lightweight material that makes this bike easy and fun to ride. The weight doesn’t exceed 19 pounds (8.3 KG) when fully assembled, so you can definitely ride this bike fast with the least effort possible.
This model features a unibody 700c fork, which helps to streamline your ride on different trails to give you an exceptional cycling experience. You get 20 speeds, which let you ride faster without pedaling the Wellgo M248 pedals too much. The LTWOO rear switch allows you to manage speed. And the clip brakes give you full control over speed when you need to stop.
It doesn’t come assembled. But the parts are easy to put together. It should take you at most half an hour to get the assembly job completed.
5. Raleigh Bikes Merit 3 Endurance Road Bike
When it comes to price, Merit 3 falls in the $1000 range, obviously a little costly than the Merit 2 but that’s something that you should expect in the event of an upgrade.
Like Merit 2, the frame of this bike is made of aluminum. This material is not as lightweight as carbon fiber. But seeing that the bike weighs only 23.2 pounds when fully assembled, the difference in weight is small and therefore not a deal breaker. The fork is made of carbon and the steerer is pure aluminum.
There isn’t any upgrade on the wheel set. The same Clement Strada LGG 700 x 28c on Merit 2 is exactly what’s on Merit 3. This means the grip level, even in the most slippery environs, is the same.
The Weinmann XC180 doublewall wheel set allows steering on different paths with ease. And the fast endurance makes this bike a suitable option for long hour rides.
6. SAVA HERD 6.0 T800 Carbon Fiber 700C Road Bicycle
SAVADECK T80 is a collection of the best components put together to form a well-priced road bike. The result is an excellent ride that you can ride against the wind, on any trail, in any weather condition. T800’s saddle isn’t wide, but its padding is up to the standard, giving you the comfort you to ride the bike over short as well as long distances.
If you need more speed, take advantage of the Shimano 105 22-speed system. Increase your pace, pedal less, ride faster, and get to your destination on time. Use the Shifter Level to switch from one gear to another depending on the trail.
And when you need to stop or lower cycling speed, simply use the V brakes designed to give you 100% control over the speed of the bike.
The 70 x 25c tires feature sturdy and durable treads that offer firm grip on the road. This maximizes your cycling to its full potential while lessening friction as much as possible.
7. SAVADECK Windwar 5.0 Road Bike
If appearance is anything to go by, there’s really no denying that this bike looks sleek. But the aesthetic isn’t nearly as important as material used for design and the overall performance of the bike.
First, this road bike is good option for serious athletes as well as regular bike riders.
Many parts of the bike, from the seat post and frame to fork and the wheel set are made of Toray T800 carbon fiber. At 21.6 pounds, this bike is a little bit heavier than Phantom 2.0 and Phantom 5.0.
But it’s still lightweight enough to ride on different trails.
8. Tommaso Monza Endurance Aluminum Road Bike
- SPECIAL HOLIDAY PRICING: Marked down from $1,049.99, save $150 all Holiday Season Long! A Lightweight Compact Frame combined with a HCT Carbon Fork for added vibration dampening and weight savings, backed up with our industry leading Lifetime Frame & Fork Warranty. Frame is drilled for all varieties of racks and fenders, making the Monza perfect for long rides or commutes.
- POWERFUL PEFORMANCE & SPEED: 2x10 Shimano Tiagra Groupset, featuring a 50/34T Tiagra compact crankset and 11x32T Tiagra cassette for a huge range of speeds, allowing riders to easily conquer anything the road throws at them
- PRECISION SHIFTING: Shimano Tiagra STI shifters work seamlessly with the full Tiagra groupset to provide lightning fast shifting, and a level of responsiveness that can’t be matched
- OPTIMIZED FIT FOR ADDED COMFORT: Compact frame geometry and premium compact handlebars offer increased power and comfort in a sleek package. Every part of the Forcella is designed for maximum comfort and efficiency, so you are getting the most out of every ride, whether it is 10 miles or 100 miles
- PROFESSIONAL ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: To ensure optimal performance and to validate the warranties of your new bike we recommend that you have it professionally assembled before riding.
Tommaso Monza Aluminum bike is the right option for those that are looking forward to set up a century ride performance. It gives its rider the most powerful training drive from the time they start racing to the time they finish their session. In fact, the bike is rated as one of the top options that can take on all your cycling adventures. It looks fast even when not in motion (standing still), and its impressiveness level cannot be matched.
It features a (HCT) - high-modulus Carbon Technology and premium 6061 SLA Aluminum Frame that makes it so speedy. The bike can withstand all riding conditions with the Corsa TC -40 wheels and the premium Shimano Tiagra components. In addition, Tommaso Monza can also offers you twenty buttery powerful and smooth speeds.
With the 2x 10 Shimano Tiagra Groupset (Drive train) that features an 11 x 32T Tiagra cassette and a 50/ 34T Tiagra crank set, the rider can easily conquer almost everything the road tries to throw at him or her. If we talk about gear shifting, the bike provides a fast one.
9. BEIOU 700C Road Bike Shimano 105 5800
- Carbon Parts (Frame&Fork&Drop Bar&Seatpost); Material: Toray T800-M40 Carbon Fiber
- Speed Control: Shimano 105 (5800) 2*11 Speeds ,Shifter lever, Front derailleur, Rear derailleur and Crank set ,Freewheel and chain, all of these parts are shimano 105
- Size Map: 500mm/520mm/540mm/560mm; Finish: 3K Matte Black Red/ Orange
- Rt Aluminum 700C*23mm Bearing Wheelset 2* 11S; Tire 60TPI
- Ultra-light 18.3lbs, Wind Breaking Design, Internal Cable Routing, 7-10 business days to US
Personally, I must admit that I like the bike. It not only looks good but also works great. BEIOU 700C Road Shimano 105 5800 is a bike you can ride for hours whether you are off to work, school or for fun without any sort of discomfort. The frame holds up so well, and the bike itself is light and strong. Positive compliments have been my way concerning this particular ride.
Most BEIOU products are made with Toray T800. In order to increase the rigidity and the strength of the bike, the bottom bracket is overlapped with T800 and T1000 carbon fiber. For the rare region, a Mitsubishi high carbon fiber whose strength is 450 kg/fmm2 and 4410 MPa is used.
BEIOU measures 700C* 500mm x 520mm x 540mm x 560mm. It is fitted with a speed and brake regulating system (Shimano 105 (5800) 11 Speeds). Its pedals are also purchase separately.