Commerce Content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Cycling is great. It gets you outdoors, allowing you to enjoy the best of your moments on two wheels. But it’s also a strenuous physical activity that can easily deplete your energy.
The thing is this:
Your bike’s pedals aren’t going to push and pull themselves. And even hybrid bikes need some bit of pedaling sometimes. Whether you’re ascending a trail harder or descending smoothly, you need energy to keep the bike moving.
Eventually, all that energy will go away. And you need to recover it as soon as possible. And one of the right ways to do that is to use the best cycling recovery drink.
At the very least, the best recovery drink for cyclists will not only help your body to recover energy faster but also make you feel great after every cycling session. Here are some drinks that you should try out.
Best Recovery Drinks for Cycling
1. Pacific Health Endurox R4
When you’ve cycled too much and you feel too exhausted to do anything afterwards, Pacific Health Endurox R4 can save the day. With a 4:1 carb to protein ratio, this drink will renew your strength by replenishing the energy lost during intense, long distance cycling.
We strongly recommend recovery drinks with all-natural ingredient. And it’s a good thing that this one has them. From soy protein and cocoa to dextrose and whey protein concentrate, the organic ingredients in Endurox R4 makes it the healthiest drink to consider as a cyclist.
The benefits of drinking this include easy protein synthesis, enhanced workout endurance, muscle recovery, and smooth glycogen update. This is a post workout drink, which means you should drink it after your cycling session.
- A healthy drink with a good take
- Has a good carb to protein ratio and even include glutamine, vitamin C, and electrolytes
- Ethically sourced, all-natural ingredients included
- High sugar level
- You can’t drink this if you have dietary sensitivities
2. Body Amor Sports Drink
When it comes to a recovery drink, you want to make sure that the one you buy can not only replenish your energy but also be as safe as possible for your health. For example, the Body Amor Sports Drink contains natural ingredient, no trace of artificial sweetener, and it tastes more like fruit juice.
Primarily, this sports drink is good for hydration. It even includes additional vitamins and electrolytes. And just a single serve is good enough to get you going. One of the things we love about this is its effectiveness in helping with dehydration so you don’t have to worry about migraines. Plus, it’s quite effective in reducing cramps.
This is an effective post cycling drink, a good option for men and women who need a recovery drink with only natural sugar and vitamins.
- Available in a variety of flavors to choose
- It doesn’t contain caffeine, so you’ll find it useful for recovering after long distance cycling
- Good taste with electrolyte and B vitamins
- No traces of added colors or artificial sweeteners, only natural sugar
- This recovery drink doesn’t contain protein
3. Legion Athletic Recharge Supplement
Tired from a long ride and want to replenish your energy as fast as possible? Try Legion Athletic Recharge. This drink has3 important ingredients, corosolic acid, creatine monohydrate, and L-carnitine L-tartrate, all working together to ensure efficient muscle recovery after cycling.
This one is basically a good option for cyclists who want to add creatine to their post workout rinks. And it’s quite effective in enhancing muscle hydration.
- This product is vegan friendly and you’ll even love it because it has natural sweeteners
- Good for muscle hydration and it even helps to relieve post biking soreness
- High quality, healthy drink with zero traces of artificial color or flavors
- Not enough amount of carbs
- Some people have complained of digestion issues after using this product
4. Vega One Organic All in One Shake
Vega One is one of the best plant-based recovery drink that you can buy right now. Made for vegan cyclists, with 100% organic ingredients, this is the healthiest shake you can try right now. Also, it doesn’t contain diary, it’s gluten free, and it’s not a genetically modified product.
If you’re in the market for a post biking drink that will give you just enough amount of protein, this is the best option to go for. The protein is about 20 grams per serving. And the content includes a mix of fruits and vegetable like acai, spinach, and kales.
To ensure you have the best gut health, Vega One adds just enough probiotic in the drink. Moreover, there are 8 vitamins and mineral added to this product, so you get the recommended serving from the bottle every single day.
- Healthy recovery drink made of 100% organic ingredients
- Has enough proteins for after workout
- Good source of vitamins and minerals
- The amount of carbohydrates is just not enough
5. Vega Sport Post Workout Recovery Accelerator
Are you vegan and looking for a recovery drink that can replenish your energy after cycling? Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator is the real deal.
It’s only limited to two flavors: tropical and apple berry. And it has a 4:1 carbohydrate to protein ratio. A combination of sprouted brown rice and yellow pea provides the protein. And the carbs come from whole grain brown rice. For cyclists, this means the ability to replenish lost energy faster, hence improved focus.
Like many healthy cycling energy drinks in the market, this recovery drink contains plant-based ingredients, making it a safe product to recommend. Moreover, the content also includes maca, glucosamine, turmeric, and ginseng, all which give it the power to provide you with energy when you need it the most.
- Contains high quality all natural ingredients and it’s a good option for vegans
- Includes electrolytes and turmeric for hydration and inflammation reduction respectively
- Good carb to protein ratio for easy update of glycogen
- Small serving sizes